Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Man of Honour
Anyone turn off the feature that disables the highlighted surfaces that you can interact with? I wish to do this (going to play it tonight, the wife bought it before I could decide lol).

I hated the previous 2's approach to the highlighted surfaces.

Yup, I turned off all the helper info, as a result, it took me an hour to work out how to do that Galleon lol.

Soldato
Can this be done on the previous two games ? Did they add the option via a patch ? I only ask as im thinking about reinstalling them to play through again but havent played them both in ages.

I don't think the previous games have the option no. I'm so glad this one does though, would much rather have the challenge than just look out for beacons of Gondor to light my way.

Soldato
After playing yesterday with everything running perfect on Ultra I started today and it keeps freezing for 10 seconds at a time, I tried altering the Graphix , altered the Sound settings etc , reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver but it's no use and it's unplayable atm.

Associate
SLI and Crossfire are both becoming less relevant and getting less support that's slower to arrive so a move to a more powerful single card is a good option.

Yeah I just don't want to admit it since it means spending a small fortune on the upgrade :D oh well I have had them a fair while so it's probably about due.

Stoner81.

Soldato
Ive caved, and bought :( :D

Rise took me 70hrs, so if this is bigger, be a year at least! :eek: :p
Don't think you will regret your decision to buy the game ! :p Saw BikeMan earlier, he was doing a 12 hour stream playing it ! :eek:
In anycase, I'm close to but trying to hold back since I want to finish TR 2013 first and then play Rise as well before Shadow. But, the temptation is there ! :o

Caporegime
Don't think you will regret your decision to buy the game ! :p Saw BikeMan earlier, he was doing a 12 hour stream playing it ! :eek:
In anycase, I'm close to but trying to hold back since I want to finish TR 2013 first and then play Rise as well before Shadow. But, the temptation is there ! :o

Doesn't run too bad in Dx11, maxed out at 3440x1440, average is about 50, which is fine for me, as i use a joypad, and thats not with the drivers for it, im still on the first set of Adrenalins, 17.12.1s.

Once i get a few more games finished, i'll get it started, but the temptation is there to start now for me now too :p

Soldato
Yes its exactly more of the same but $75-100M of dev resource thrown at it to produce the best graphics on PC yet seen (even without RTX)! Plus its bigger than Rise. I estimate its about 15-20% larger gameplay area & you get some extensive underwater sections as well now with pretty graphics. Maybe its not for you if you want innovation this is just another do not change it much play safe sequel from a big publisher.

Rise was funded by MS as a Win 10 Store & Xbox1 launch title is why the sudden leap over the 2013 game. Rise had a mega budget!
Yeh fair enough and I applaude Crystal Dynamics for rejuvenating the formula not once but twice since they started working on TR games with Legend.
But given this is the end of the trilogy, I would hope much like they were doing at the end of Underworld that they are working on new tech for the next 'reboot', I don't think they can get away with a fourth game of the same standard. Even if they look pretty.

Soldato
Just reached that now, brilliant. Took some screenshots of the galleon so will put them in the screenshot thread :)

EDIT : And here too... lol, its incredible how much better the graphics actually look in game, screenshots really just dont do it justice.
Just reached that now, brilliant. Took some screenshots of the galleon so will put them in the screenshot thread :)

EDIT : And here too... lol, its incredible how much better the graphics actually look in game, screenshots really just dont do it justice.
Yeah the Goonies would be proud...Hey You Guys! but yeah that part is so well done you might want to spoiler tag your pics though anyone who has not yet reached there will be spoiled by it!

Soldato
I'm really enjoying this. Actually, one of my only quibbles so far is the voice acting (namely from Lara herself) is getting a little dry in places. I'm also not a fan of how it limits your outfit choice in certain areas of the game. Beyond that, the visuals are stunning as are the environments.
Modifying the revolver to level 4 is recommended :D

Back
Top Bottom