Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Caporegime
This one brought me the sodding audio crackling, i gave up reloading the game, as it just wouldn't stop doing it, so i rebooted my rig, and then reloaded it, and thankfully, that worked.

FFS!, it was running absolutely sweet as for me before these last 2x patches, now ive got the sound cutting in n out all the bloody time, and the blasted random audio crackling. :(

Soldato
This one brought me the sodding audio crackling, i gave up reloading the game, as it just wouldn't stop doing it, so i rebooted my rig, and then reloaded it, and thankfully, that worked.

FFS!, it was running absolutely sweet as for me before these last 2x patches, now ive got the sound cutting in n out all the bloody time, and the blasted random audio crackling. :(
Dolby Atmos can cause that try disabling it.

Caporegime
Havn't got Dolby Atmos.

Had a right mare last night, finished the Aqueduct one off, then made my way over to the other side of the bridge, but on climing up the rock, the sound cut, as the 2x guards started talking, then when it came back, crackling like buggery, couldn't stop it, tried reloading, rebooting my rig, but a no go, i had to just play it with the sound ******, until i got to the next auto save, and a non sound cut, then quit and reload, to get the sound ok again, what a ******* ball ache!.

V F

V F

Soldato
Havn't got Dolby Atmos.

Had a right mare last night, finished the Aqueduct one off, then made my way over to the other side of the bridge, but on climing up the rock, the sound cut, as the 2x guards started talking, then when it came back, crackling like buggery, couldn't stop it, tried reloading, rebooting my rig, but a no go, i had to just play it with the sound ******, until i got to the next auto save, and a non sound cut, then quit and reload, to get the sound ok again, what a ******* ball ache!.

It's a real shame there is so many glitchy bugs as I've really enjoyed the game overall but the game simply should not be buggy even after 10 patches on the PS4.

Caporegime
It's a real shame there is so many glitchy bugs as I've really enjoyed the game overall but the game simply should not be buggy even after 10 patches on the PS4.

Yeah it is, and also a real shame you have to update it, as it was running sweet as for me before the patches, had no audio crackilng, and no sound cutting in/out. :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Another repeatable issue I always seemed to encounter during any battle scenes... It felt like they intentially made the controls laggy on the PS4 to try and make it harder. Holding L1 and the healing/focus or trying to spring felt like huge input delays. I never suffered this in the previous two games.

Anytime you wanted to enact an action it felt like things weren't responding and if it did, it was extremely slow.

Then there was the damn climbing that so many hated on Deadly Obsession. Lara not jumping and holding onto things in the direction you were targetting. The game feels like it suffers huge input lag everywhere.

I haven't experienced horrible controls like this since Metal Gear Solid 4.

Caporegime
Im at the Porvenir Oil Fields :D

Really annoying when the sound cuts out, havn't got a ******* clue what Jonah was saying before we got into the boat, then when the sound came back, it was ******* crackling!, had to reload the game umpteen times to get it right, what a game killer, put me right off my session.

V F

V F

Soldato
Im at the Porvenir Oil Fields :D

It was quite cinematic. https://youtu.be/One-bA58yVI

They seem to have rewarded me a Loyalty Reward?... Bishop 600 Platinum Edition. Though, I prefer the shotgun Sarah Connor used in Terminator 2.

Currently doing my playthrough on Deadly Obsession. Truly was nerve wracking jumping about Cozumel. So intense. :D

In so many ways it reminds me of Uncharted 4 Crushing between campfires.

Soldato
I've just picked this up as I finished rise 2 weeks ago. A but concerning tho that I'm getting sound cuts and crackles on cutnscene.

Also has anyone found the game very unstable with overclocks? The game will just freeze or my computer will just restart on its own? I own over 200 games and have probably played 50% of them on my x99 rig but the tomb raider engine refuses to run correctly on anything but stock. It went as far last night as corrupting my save file so I'm literally booting into default mode for tomb raider now 3.6ghz and applying my 4.4ghz overclock for everything else

I should say rise was a similar issue wouldn't work at 4.4 but worked happily at 4.2. Shadow I've had to drop all the way back to stock.

Associate

I've just picked this up as I finished rise 2 weeks ago. A but concerning tho that I'm getting sound cuts and crackles on cutnscene.

Also has anyone found the game very unstable with overclocks? The game will just freeze or my computer will just restart on its own? I own over 200 games and have probably played 50% of them on my x99 rig but the tomb raider engine refuses to run correctly on anything but stock. It went as far last night as corrupting my save file so I'm literally booting into default mode for tomb raider now 3.6ghz and applying my 4.4ghz overclock for everything else

I should say rise was a similar issue wouldn't work at 4.4 but worked happily at 4.2. Shadow I've had to drop all the way back to stock.

Same issue?

Soldato
I had audio cut outs but it was only for a second when the game auto saved, I put it down to having the game installed on a HDD. Has the latest update caused more issues?

I thought the graphics were excellent in this game and it ran very smooth but I found the game to be the worst in the trilogy I just couldn't get into it as much as the previous 2 entries.

Caporegime
Lmfao! Fear Arrows, 'You're one of them!' :D :D :D

Hmm, ive just been axing em there as well, can't remember if i saw any blood spurting or anything, so will have a look when i play again.

Im deffo getting blood spots all over the screen when im getting hit though.

Audio cutouts, and the cracklings a nightmare, i had to fire it up about 4x times to stop the damn crackilng, i thought i had it on the 3rd go, as the title screen music was perfect, but once id selected continue, and it started to load, it started to bloody crackle, so had to quit and reload yet again. :(

Last edited:
Associate
I had audio cut outs but it was only for a second when the game auto saved, I put it down to having the game installed on a HDD. Has the latest update caused more issues?

I thought the graphics were excellent in this game and it ran very smooth but I found the game to be the worst in the trilogy I just couldn't get into it as much as the previous 2 entries.

Just got this, fresh windows install, installed on ssd and had audio cutout briefly on first cutscene, so nothing worry about I think.

Bloody good looking game

Dx12 is such a treat when done right, the difference when panning camera is night and day, its like having a freesync monitor. Luxury.

Back
Top Bottom