Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Thanks, will do.

Would be interested to hear people's opinions on other providers too.

Im with Tesco for both ours, so far just over £4k has been claimed for one of the cats over two separate claims (birth defect in both back legs), apart from the £50 excess that i paid direct to the vet i never parted with any cash and the vet dealt directly with Tesco, never had any issues and would recommend them.

Caporegime
Im with Tesco for both ours, so far just over £4k has been claimed for one of the cats over two separate claims (birth defect in both back legs), apart from the £50 excess that i paid direct to the vet i never parted with any cash and the vet dealt directly with Tesco, never had any issues and would recommend them.

But how much are your premiums?

Mine is currently uninsured, so I'm hoping nothing happens to her.

But then when I've looked at places like PetPlan - and I *always* read the horror stories on Google - it seems that the "cheap" £10/month cover is worse in some ways than no cover at all. Because it seems to be "no cover at all", only you get to pay £10/month for it :p

Not all insurance is a blatant rip-off, but it seems a lot of pet insurance very much is. Would love to be convinced otherwise.

Caporegime
You just have to look here (and other places) for horror stories relating to PetPlan...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.petplan.co.uk

They have so many "exclusions" that they won't pay out for.
Once your animal is 8+ years old they will only pay a % of the vets bill.
There is a min £80 excess and this is often more depending on where you live.
Many ops aren't covered (why? profit, naturally).

Yeah, too much small print, expensive, and don't seem to care about their customers or the animals they insure. I would avoid.

Soldato
You just have to look here (and other places) for horror stories relating to PetPlan...

Yeah, too much small print, expensive, and don't seem to care about their customers or the animals they insure. I would avoid.

Wow, they certainly wouldn't be my choice!

Caporegime
After 2hrs of terrorising each other and knocking over their water bowl TWICE....they were all tuckered out.

26.JPG

Soldato

Had no issue at all getting £700 worth of tests, scans and drugs out of them for hugos bladder issue. Paid the initial. X amount, filled out a form at the vet and heard nothing until a letter X weeks later saying it had been settled in full.

Premium went up by literally a few quid this year.

Associate
Evie decided to wind up Kato as he had a a nap

(taken on potato s6)

And i made the mistake of leaving the cat food cupboard open when getting the shopping in so Kato dug out the bag of catnip from the back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom