Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Agreed.

I find it's very rare that a cat gets something that is worth fixing. Either they would brush it off by themselves, or it's so bad you have to question whether you are a good owner if you don't let them go.

With ours its mainly been infection from cat bites. You only realise there is a problem when they do the sleeping somewhere different, just not being there usual self or the abscess bursting and bloody puss all over the bed :rolleyes: Off to the vets and get it cleaned up and a course of antibiotics. That only tends to be £100-150 and not worth claiming for anyway.

Soldato
Our legged one has bought in all sorts during the years. Squirrels, wood pigeons, rats, mice.
Once he even bought in chicken breast that was marinating.....he must have gone into somebody's kitchen and stole it.
Luckily he is too old now for that but our young cat has taken over.

Bifty who I had to have put down just after Xmas was a one cat serial killer in his youth. Rats, birds of all shapes and sizes, including a crow once, squirrels, endless mice and voles and even some fish out of the brook next to our house. I'd often either get up to a bloody murder scene or come home to one. There is also one step on the stairs that all our cats have used like some kind of alter to perform the kill on and leave some half eaten creature on for us to find

Associate
Bifty who I had to have put down just after Xmas was a one cat serial killer in his youth. Rats, birds of all shapes and sizes, including a crow once, squirrels, endless mice and voles and even some fish out of the brook next to our house. I'd often either get up to a bloody murder scene or come home to one. There is also one step on the stairs that all our cats have used like some kind of alter to perform the kill on and leave some half eaten creature on for us to find
This makes me feel a bit better. I thought only our cats were serial killers :cry:
It's a bit of catch 22 situation, you rescue cats from RSPCA and they turn out to be murderers.

Soldato
Ours brought mice voles and a few birds in,

She never knew what to do with them though, they'd play dead, she'd get disinterested then they'd bolt. All survived.

Birds generally found their own way out but several times I had to trap mice and voles in toilet roll tubes or boxes to take them out.

She also had a period of bringing in moths and worms oddly enough.

Man of Honour
Ozzy has decided to remodel his igloo from this:-
fhBeUwl.jpeg

To this:-
lNpKksg.jpeg

Speaking of remodeling, they were getting far too big for their beds at the top of their catstands,
m5kPqYk.jpeg

So I built them a couple of bigger ones that are more padded. Ozzy to the left and his sister Cleo on the right.
2EWOUVV.jpeg

A couple of weeks ago Lidl had some sun loungers with shade for dogs so I thought why not get one for the cats? After the Lidl plus discount it was only something like £13.99 so I got one and they love it, not just my cats either as next doors has been on it as well. Cleo was first to spot it.
fXydANl.jpeg

Ozzy gets to try it out.
BfNuMMW.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
@pastymuncher How on earth did you get your kittys to use their actual beds?

The only thing my cat would use was a thin pillow that had a heat reflector in it and only if I hid it in one of my folded up dressing gowns.

I say my dressing gown. I had to buy another because she decided it was hers.

She'd use the climbing platforms but never lay on them. More a fan of boxes and making us squeeze up on the sofa so she could spread out. :)

Man of Honour
I haven't had to do anything to get them to use the beds. All of the cats I have had have always used their cat beds. I buy them, they use them and it seems to be the more the better. It's not unusual to have a cat change beds three or four times a day!! Ozzy started off this morning in on his Igloo then by dinner time he was in his bed on top of the tv unit, then in the big plush bed next to the Igloo and now he's in his bed on top of the cat stand next to his sister as pictured above. Little Abby downstairs has 4 beds around the living room plus my seat on the sofa. Cleo is quite particular and mostly sleeps in the bed on top of the cat stand. The cat stands are next to the window so they get the fresh air and can see out which they love.

Back
Top Bottom