Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
We have stopped with insurance for our two cats, it's too expensive. If anything happens (which it has) we just put it on credit card and pay it off. Find it cheaper this way.

Some might disagree but that's the way we do it.

Honestly I was thinking of just putting some cash away each month specifically for the cats. That'll do donkey, that'll do :D

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-20240612-224701.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

Shoulder fast becoming the go to place for a nap after zoomies :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why he thought this was a good place to sit, but apparently he found it comfortable. A little while later he did actually have his head down on the motherboard.

And this is his latest favourite place to sit. He loves sitting on the cardboard strip things, you can see his old knackered one next to him :)

He is so cool, lovely colours!

Showed the missus, she wants another cat now lol

Associate
Not sure why he thought this was a good place to sit, but apparently he found it comfortable. A little while later he did actually have his head down on the motherboard.

And this is his latest favourite place to sit. He loves sitting on the cardboard strip things, you can see his old knackered one next to him :)

That cat is one beautiful specimen and he knows it !!

Soldato
We have stopped with insurance for our two cats, it's too expensive. If anything happens (which it has) we just put it on credit card and pay it off. Find it cheaper this way.

Some might disagree but that's the way we do it.

Yeah I've decided not to bother with both my 6 month olds. I worked it out that even with the pay out for the investigation that found the masses and fluid on his lungs I had still paid 6x that amount over his lifetime. Also the max they covered for any one issue was something I could put on a card and pay off over a few months.

Associate
Seems our cat has bought in something during the night but we can't find it. There are little black droppings so most likely a bat.
Need to get cat flap with a camera on it when we move to our new house. Joys of owning cats !!!

Soldato
Seems our cat has bought in something during the night but we can't find it. There are little black droppings so most likely a bat.
Need to get cat flap with a camera on it when we move to our new house. Joys of owning cats !!!
I can't get a flap for my boy as I can't trust him. The other day he brought a massive dead rat to the back door and looked at me "look dad arnt ya proud?" first of the year so far, but plenty to come.

Last year he killed a rabbit, a few rats and a few birds :mad: brought multiple of them inside when I had the door open in the summer, he took a bird under my bed still alive and proceeded to trash it. Didn't notice until I heard it upstairs. Feathers and blood, fun.

Soldato
Yeah I've decided not to bother with both my 6 month olds. I worked it out that even with the pay out for the investigation that found the masses and fluid on his lungs I had still paid 6x that amount over his lifetime. Also the max they covered for any one issue was something I could put on a card and pay off over a few months.

Agreed.

I find it's very rare that a cat gets something that is worth fixing. Either they would brush it off by themselves, or it's so bad you have to question whether you are a good owner if you don't let them go.

Associate
I can't get a flap for my boy as I can't trust him. The other day he brought a massive dead rat to the back door and looked at me "look dad arnt ya proud?" first of the year so far, but plenty to come.

Last year he killed a rabbit, a few rats and a few birds :mad: brought multiple of them inside when I had the door open in the summer, he took a bird under my bed still alive and proceeded to trash it. Didn't notice until I heard it upstairs. Feathers and blood, fun.
Our legged one has bought in all sorts during the years. Squirrels, wood pigeons, rats, mice.
Once he even bought in chicken breast that was marinating.....he must have gone into somebody's kitchen and stole it.
Luckily he is too old now for that but our young cat has taken over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Our legged one has bought in all sorts during the years. Squirrels, wood pigeons, rats, mice.
Once he even bought in chicken breast that was marinating.....he must have gone into somebody's kitchen and stole it.
Luckily he is too old now for that but our young cat has taken over.
Ron has brought a half eaten drumstick in, was so mad that I took it off him :cry:

He's also brought in trash, crab stick packet with 1 left inside
IMG-20230729-194821.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed.

I find it's very rare that a cat gets something that is worth fixing. Either they would brush it off by themselves, or it's so bad you have to question whether you are a good owner if you don't let them go.
Oscar managed to break his pelvis when he was younger. I'm not sure what happened, but think he may have fallen out of a tree and landed on a rock or something.
I found him unable to walk, dragging himself up the path from the garden :(
It happened on a Friday evening, so I rushed him to the emergency vets. After x-rays etc. it cost me about £600 for them to just tell me to keep him in a cage for 6 weeks while he healed.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a bat, we found it. Doesn't seem injured so we took it outside and put it inside the hedge next to our house. Fingers crossed it will be ok come nighttime

Back
Top Bottom