Show us your kitty cats

Ronnie settled down for the day. He is a scraggy looking thing now -needs a good brush but he wont have it.
He went out about 5.00 this morning but was soon back soaking wet.

Os4QnH7.jpg

Cat Flap dads, how did you all get a flap fitted? New door completely? We've a full glass panel backdoor so can't really cut the glass to fit a flap....or can I?? Leaving the window open isn't an option. Mario now neutered and chipped, with Matilda shortly to undergo the same op. Once she's recovered, we'll be starting to let them outside. I'm considering getting a catflap so they can come and go as they please.

Mine isn't in a door. Our kitchen sink is in front of a window (as most are I imagine) and to the right of the sink is where the washing machine/dishwasher goes. We don't have a dishwasher unless you count the wife and the washing machine is in a cupboard off the hallway so we had this space doing nothing. I took the fibre glass panel off the outside which was just clipped in and replaced it with a 18mm marine ply sheet which I painted white to match the outside. I cut a hole in the inside plasterboard and boarded it up to deny any cold air coming out of the void. I then cut the new 18mm panel to the correct size using the template that came with the microchip cat flap and fitted it and sealed the edges with silicon. I built a platform outside from the cat flap to the top rear step because there was a three foot drop from the cat flap. I soon discovered that with a NE wind and raining that rain came through the flap so I then built a tunnel over the platform to stop this plus it gives the cats somewhere to shelter when they are deciding whether or not to go out. I went a steep further eventually and put a door on the end of the tunnel as it filled with snow in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom