Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Just swapped from my 2006 Polo 1.2l to a new one 1.4 Match edition, very happy with it apart from a Bluetooth audio streaming problem. It drives far better than my old one!

I7Ulsdq.jpg

Man of Honour
Love the GT86 :cool:

Had it been more gutsy it would have been the closest competitor for me for a GT coupe from the 350Z. Loved the handling and the driving position and everything about it really, I think it's also a cool looking car. I just didn't like that you had to really thrash it to keep it going at a decent pace.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the look of the GT86. If it had a little more power I would have been very tempted.

I don't think I am a good enough driver to get the most from it though. All of the reviews highlight how great a drivers car it is, but I tend to get more pleasure from a car that is easy to drive fast in a straight line :)

If I was a good driver then I am sure it would be a different story.

Commissario
I actually think it didn't need any more power, it was chuckable and great fun to drive. Still tempted, but then an M135 is also tempting at the mo...

Enjoy it, looks great in that colour!

Man of Honour
Really? Even when my MX5 was still stock and not running 230+bhp felt more urgent in it's power delivery.

Don't get me wrong it's not slow, or incapable, and it is very chuckable and great at getting driver feedback, but I felt a little underwhelmed by it.

Commissario
Unless you're doing track days, I think it's enough for the road. There's plenty of room for a massive turbo if you want though ;)

I will admit that I felt underwhelmed, but only when I got back in the Clio and chucked that about on the drive home!

Man of Honour
Unless you're doing track days, I think it's enough for the road. There's plenty of room for a massive turbo if you want though ;)

I will admit that I felt underwhelmed, but only when I got back in the Clio and chucked that about on the drive home!

That's like saying there's no need for Porsches or Maserattis or anything remotely powerful on the road... :p

The mx5 is plenty powerful enough to enjoy at or below the speed limit, however, for me, the GT86, didn't seem to have that same feel.

I did test drive it after the mazda 6 mps and the 350z so probably why I felt a little underwhelmed.

You're right though, it has enough power to have fun in on the road - but for such a great looking, and specc'ed car, it's a shame they just didn't give it about 15% more power which is all it really needed to start making it a little bit more exciting.

Soldato
The whole power argument is a little dumb.

It's not a supra/GT4/Mr2 turbo replacemnt so it's not supposed to be insane.

I've gone from a Supra TT to a CRZ and felt the power drop wasn't as bad as I thought, just have to havea sorted chassis to enjoy driving, power secondary.

Soldato
Driver enjoyment > overall power. Besides, everyone enjoys different things from their cars. :)

Absolutely this for me too.

I liked the GT86 a lot but the only reason why I didn't buy it on release was residuals. As a new car, value for money is pretty bad. As a used option for circa £15k, sign me up when the time comes!

I ended up with an Elise in the end as it actually worked out much better value due to impressively low depreciation. Bit of a more focussed car as well, but the GT86 should appeal to a similar demographic. :)

The one above is the exact spec/colour I would have gone for, great choice McDaniel! Thanks for buying one for me to possibly buy later on...:p:D

Back
Top Bottom