Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Hard-top fitted for the winter! (picked up today)

car_side_roof_by_darkelmarko-d6u3j44.jpg

car_front_roof_by_darkelmarko-d6u3j8s.jpg

car_offside_roof_by_darkelmarko-d6u3jad.jpg

Also, flocked interior roof!.

interior_flox_by_darkelmarko-d6u3jcf.jpg

Soldato
Haha, ay - was like that when I got it - matches the Japanese thing & won't be giving many lifts anyway :).

Only thing I'm thinking of ditching is the door mirrors (black to black) & maybe the front grille replace with my black honeycomb one I've got.

Soldato
Yup I found it a distraction driving at night and just felt a bit cheap and aftermarket.

Love my Extended Interior Lighting in the 335. There are amber ambient lighting units in both the front and the rear, and also ambient lighting along the full interior length of the doors and rear passenger panels. Very subtle but makes the interior look amazing when you get out of the city into the darkness of the countryside.

Caporegime
Love my Extended Interior Lighting in the 335. There are amber ambient lighting units in both the front and the rear, and also ambient lighting along the full interior length of the doors and rear passenger panels. Very subtle but makes the interior look amazing when you get out of the city into the darkness of the countryside.

Yeah, because that's where you should be looking whilst driving?

Soldato
Have you ever driven with lighting in the cabin? Heck, even someone using a mobile phone can cause glare on the glass. I just don't see the need for ambient lighting whilst driving.

Yeah. The CRZ has some ambient as standard in the centre console tray but it's dim not in your face.

I would imagine most ambient lights are dim enough not to interfere with vision but bright enough to look nice.

You can get some after market kits like this for most cars which seem quite bright (example here is CRZ) but most are dimmer adjustable via the normal instrument dimmer dial, so not a major issue.

http://s282.photobucket.com/user/RickHondaR/media/P1000933.mp4.html

Soldato
Have you ever driven with lighting in the cabin? Heck, even someone using a mobile phone can cause glare on the glass. I just don't see the need for ambient lighting whilst driving.

Obviously you haven't driven a car with ambient lighting. Usually ambient lighting is of the kind that doesn't cause any distraction...

Man of Honour

Ambient lighting causes no glare on the glass. Remember, even those very useful orange lights that bathed your centre console in light in the 330d are classed as 'ambient lighting'.

Soldato
Nice to see another Audi using front fogs and DRLs instead of dipped beams. Must give better MPG or something as I've seen loads doing it....

Those lights come on when you unlock the car on auto headlights. And obviously turn off or change depending on light outside. And as you can see I wasn't going anywhere.

Why does everything need to be explained in depth on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom