Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Couple of shots from the weekend driving down to a huge exotic car show in Naples FL

4303_zps527e3a2a.jpg

4302_zps42de008f.jpg

Soldato
What? If my near 300BHP VX gets grip on my daily drive on RSRs im sure you can with 120bhp or whatever you have. :p

Haha yeah you'd think, but with 134hp it's not always the rears. Those front tyres are skinny on the Elise, unlike yours. I have a short commute, so the tyres only just have time to get some temperature. Having to brake sharply or swerve in the first half of the journey when cold/wet always breaks traction. Had someone pull out in front of me twice now and was a bit hairy (I was doing about 20mph both times!). Confident in judging what grip is there and I've been through all sorts of snow etc., but being able to react to the local morons is the main concern.

Soldato
Haha yeah you'd think, but with 134hp it's not always the rears. Those front tyres are skinny on the Elise, unlike yours. I have a short commute, so the tyres only just have time to get some temperature. Having to brake sharply or swerve in the first half of the journey when cold/wet always breaks traction. Had someone pull out in front of me twice now and was a bit hairy (I was doing about 20mph both times!). Confident in judging what grip is there and I've been through all sorts of snow etc., but being able to react to the local morons is the main concern.

If you find stopping at 20mph "hairy" in an Elise weighing around 900kgs, you either shouldnt be driving or theres something wrong with your car.

Soldato
If you find stopping at 20mph "hairy" in an Elise weighing around 900kgs, you either shouldnt be driving or theres something wrong with your car.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I had to slam on the brakes with very cold tyres and a greasy road. The point is the tyres don't work well in those conditions, noticeably more so than in my other car. That's all. I can tell you I'm handing back my license if it makes you feel better sweetheart. :)

Back
Top Bottom