Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
went out for ice cream on Monday

this thing showed up. dont know what it is but looked nice

IMG_20140421_124312.jpg

Is that at Snugbury's?

Caporegime
Couldn't have picked a worse pic for that cheap shot, Audis have the best fit and finish in the game.

My comment might have not made immediate sense. In the 3 series thread, BH was talking about the bonnet gap, whereas now he's defending a similar gap on his car.

Whatever, I love it. The fact I don't change cars every 5 mins like everyone else on this forum shows I'm happy with it. It's the best car I can afford to run.

It looks very tidy, I was only kidding. I've still got the Golf I bought in 2009; we're still really happy with it. Tempted to post a 40k mile report and see what reaction I get :p.

Soldato
My comment might have not made immediate sense. In the 3 series thread, BH was talking about the bonnet gap, whereas now he's defending a similar gap on his car.

It looks very tidy, I was only kidding.

Haven't mentioned anything about panel gaps in this thread. At least Audi intergrate it into the design. Jaguar manage to do it, why can't BMW. :o;)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
More than likely. Or an old Rover or MG.

If you got a look at the hood ornament, you can ID them from that. It's easier with American cars, since not only did they change hood ornaments for models, but also engine sizes and years on particular manufacturers. I think Cadillac had two different designs for the same model and same years, the only difference was one was designed for the V8 and the other was the V16 (and the V8 only lasted a year before being upgraded for 1939/1940). Similarly they had different hood ornaments for the same car, just different years (trumpter / heralder, later replaced by a heron, which was replaced with the Goddess [similar to the Spirit Of Ecstasy on Rollers]).

Good info, thanks as I mentioned, I'm pretty ignorant to most cars built before 1960

Is that at Snugbury's?

Yeah. The weather was nice and there is some outrageous roads round there.

Permabanned
I'm still betting on RJK's mystery spot being a Austin Sixteen... or "Gangster Wagon" as I call then :p.

The slats / grill running along the bonnet doesn't match an Austin 16. On the 16, they're staggered in length.

Edit: Looking on the internet, where the bonnet meets the grill is different on the 16. It also appears to have 3 side windows. The one in rjk's pic only has two.

Last edited:
Soldato
The slats / grill running along the bonnet doesn't match an Austin 16. On the 16, they're staggered in length.

Edit: Looking on the internet, where the bonnet meets the grill is different on the 16. It also appears to have 3 side windows. The one in rjk's pic only has two.

Ah. I didn't actually google it, was just going off memory as a friend's got one.

Back
Top Bottom