Show Us Your Motors!

In what way? All the shut lines look ok to me. All line up between bonnet and wings, and a small gap along the grill. So what looks off? Apart from a general dislike of VW's?

Looks no different to any other one I've seen.

lol. I'll try for sure.

I have done my first "upgrade" already though. If you could call it that. Updated the Satnav firmware, unlocked it, and put in the latest 2016 (V13) maps. Still looks dated as hell, but will do for now at least. Until I decide if I want to upgrade again and go for an RNS510...

lol. I'll try for sure.

I have done my first "upgrade" already though. If you could call it that. Updated the Satnav firmware, unlocked it, and put in the latest 2016 (V13) maps. Still looks dated as hell, but will do for now at least. Until I decide if I want to upgrade again and go for an RNS510...

My friend swapped out his MFD2 for an Android unit and it is very good. Large high resolution screen with a lot of features (free view, built in wifi, screen mirroring with smartphone etc). Works with steering wheel controls and the screen in the instrument cluster.

Don't think I'd go for an Android unit quite yet. Aint seen one I actually like, they seem to mostly be Chinese things. But I'm open to suggestions.

A guy on another forum suggested I look at the Kenwood dnx520vbt. Had a quick scan on ebay, and they look to be a similar sort of price to what I'd get for the MFD2, so could be a zero cost upgrade essentially (although I probably would prefer to sell the car with an OEM unit when I'm finished with it. But the MFD2 wasn't a factory fit job, as I have the original unit here too (RCD300 I think).

Yep excellent here, see my videos posted in the M3 thread? sound quality is excellent with the sound mod app, and the features are good, too. Just need to spend some time tailoring it to your liking.

this is as OEM looking as it gets imo..

check for the bigger chinese brands and imo you'll be fine, think of having a full android tablet in your car.

Ha ha. That's what worries me. I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab thingy-ma-jig a couple years back, and it was terrible. Absolutely dire.

I'll eye them up anyway. What are the bigger Chinese brands then? I've avoided all consideration of that route in the past.

Ha ha. That's what worries me. I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab thingy-ma-jig a couple years back, and it was terrible. Absolutely dire.

I'll eye them up anyway. What are the bigger Chinese brands then? I've avoided all consideration of that route in the past.

older android was a bit of a hit and miss..

I've got eonon and they're alright! no real issues here :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Android...103342?hash=item3d1e48f6ee:g:88kAAOSwuzRXcdda

thing is that they all pretty much run the same OS+bits on top..

The picture above i have seen similar for the e9X series, so are they good?

Meant to work with the stalks and other stuff around the car.

I couldnt find a single review on one.

yeah mine works with everything, steering wheel controls and climate are all functioning.

Last edited:
Yknow, I keep ribbing you for having a different colour radio, but really, if you paint/wrap that bit of trim underneath it matte black, it would look ace!

IF you can get the finish the same.

older android was a bit of a hit and miss..

I've got eonon and they're alright! no real issues here :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Android...103342?hash=item3d1e48f6ee:g:88kAAOSwuzRXcdda

thing is that they all pretty much run the same OS+bits on top..

Righto. That sounds decent enough then. I'll maybe consider that option, if I get fed up of the current ancient nav, lol.

Anyway, had it out today, had the wife and kids with me, so couldn't hoof it anywhere. But I did manage to get some bird to a dirty big droppings all over it. That bird wasn't well. It was minging. Anyway, excuse for a clean / pics I guess. (Couldn't be hooped doing the wheels though, and it was starting to rain).

Yknow, I keep ribbing you for having a different colour radio, but really, if you paint/wrap that bit of trim underneath it matte black, it would look ace!

IF you can get the finish the same.

Haha, I might get it done soon, in plastidip.. it's a bit of a pain getting that ac control unit out..

Back
Top Bottom