Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Nice. I'm on the lookout for one at the moment, albeit in orange. How are you finding it?

Really love this car, totally different to anything I've had before (previous was an E39 540i for 4 years).

Handles well, stops well, turn in/handling is unreal, can be a bit twitchy in the wet though (R888 tyres). Really like this car :)

Could do with a little more power however (this is a 190) but in reality it'll get to 120 quick enough which is enough for the real world)

Associate
Haha been umming and ahhhing about a SC but for this car I think I'll pass, in a way it ruins what the car is all about - completely analogue experience, sharp steering, throttle and brakes (plus it wouldn't be on to do it to a car that's so mint!)

Would love an evora GT430 as a sensible car at some point though

Soldato
I sold my 2015 Fiesta ST-3 as I was fed up of the damage being caused to it (I live in a town centre and have to leave my car parked on a main road) and decided I'd try and find an interesting banger for less than £2k. Managed to get this 540i for £1950, it has MOT until next July and whilst it's rough around the edges (missing pixels, fuel gauge fault, PDC not working, rear bumper needs repairing) I can't find any rust and the engine/gearbox seem to be fine. I realise these are not cheap cars to run and there is plenty that could go wrong but I thought **** it, £1950 is less than 7 months PCP payments on my Fiesta and I finally have something RWD with a V8 :D If the car requires anything too expensive doing to keep it running then I'll either break it for parts or chuck it on an online auction, hopefully I'll get a year or two out of it.
s-l1600.jpg

Soldato
I'm really tempted by an E39 540i as there's loads around here for £1-2k but I've been massively put off by the fact that everyone who buys one seems to have a never ending list of problems to fix. Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be trouble free, but they seem far worse than that Jags I've had of a similar age.

Associate
I'm really tempted by an E39 540i as there's loads around here for £1-2k but I've been massively put off by the fact that everyone who buys one seems to have a never ending list of problems to fix. Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be trouble free, but they seem far worse than that Jags I've had of a similar age.

Mine wasn't too bad in fairness, probably cost me £1k a year in servicing, repairs and consumables although the previous owner did have a £6k bill (they saw him coming) a few months before I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom