Show Us Your Motors!

Got out Saturday before the rain, leaves are strting to turn on the lime trees.

1-1600.jpg

2-1600.jpg

4-1600.jpg

/Thread! :D

Another near 200 miles covered yesterday truly sublime roads and very quiet and decent weather in the end:

IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9389.jpeg IMG_9385.jpeg IMG_9379.jpeg

Another day of driving today and then head home by the end would have covered 500-600 miles around Wales and the 600 LT has average 16-18mpg obviously been giving it plenty, epic roads though a touch bumpy in places for an LT, still superb fun!

Picked up my new Golf R estate the other day, absolutely loving having a powerful car again but also adding practicality makes it the perfect wagon for me.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, so will likely change them, but with the crap winter weather incoming and most Golf R wheels that I like being diamond cut, I will likely keep them for winter and get another set of wheels come spring time.

Turns out I was lying about the wheel situation..

[/url ]

Got some spare mirror caps in the bodyshop currently to have them Lapiz blue because I've never really understood the silver mirrors thing, then I'll be happy with the external aesthetic of the car.
BMW and Audi had silver mirror caps too strangely enough... Could be that they wanted to differentiate between the base and 'performance' models? This is a cheap way to achieve that. :p

BMW and Audi had silver mirror caps too strangely enough... Could be that they wanted to differentiate between the base and 'performance' models? This is a cheap way to achieve that. :p
Yeah i've hated it on all cars since it became a thing! I don't even think VW did an option at factory to have colour coded... bit of a sham if you ask me :p

Yeah i've hated it on all cars since it became a thing! I don't even think VW did an option at factory to have colour coded... bit of a sham if you ask me :p
They didn't have an option for colour coding but they did have an option for a "black pack" which was basically the mirrors, roof rails and some small bits of trim. IMO it looked a lot better than the silver.

You're making your R look like a 1.4 :/

GTI wheels and colour-coded wing mirrors :(
Each to their own but definitely don't think a set of out of place silver wing mirrors are what make it look like an R, GTI wheels were a quick stop fix as it came on horrible team dynamics and I do like them/wanted it more OEM.

The R styling, quad exhaust etc is not quite 1.4 :p

Last edited:
Picked up my new Golf R estate the other day, absolutely loving having a powerful car again but also adding practicality makes it the perfect wagon for me.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, so will likely change them, but with the crap winter weather incoming and most Golf R wheels that I like being diamond cut, I will likely keep them for winter and get another set of wheels come spring time.

I had a Cupra Leon VZ2 estate (and will be getting a VZ3 in Jan/Feb next year)... if the R is similar (and it is pretty much the same underneath), it is an awesome car.

Comfortable, fast and a comically large boot. The only thing that annoyed me was the main beam being practically the same as dipped...

I wanted an R before I started work at my current place...

Back
Top Bottom