Show Us Your Motors!

Picked this up yesterday after looking at quite a variety of stuff. Really very impressed. 4 hour drive home was spot on, loving the combo of character it has.

Few tiny niggles sorted today around the App, the display key and some window resetting, but all good now. You go round and round sometimes trying to find what you like or want, and sometimes its not nessesarily what you think it might be on first thought. Impressed.

At the opposite end of the scale, my little Suzuki Carry Turbo arrived at Newcastle and has left the port, yay!

I think they are one of those cars that don't always photo well. In person, both inside and out, this just looked much better. Maybe it's my eyeballz

Feeling a little out of place in this thread, but went to a local car meet with my old man the other night, my Astra and his RS2000.

Yh9uHwB.jpeg

VuBkvmk.jpeg

Same, whatever happened to them? I’m sure a dealer principal told me they struggled to shift them but Wikipedia would have you believe otherwise.

Not loads of them about and of those that are out there, I doubt that many are being used as daily cars

Funnily enough there's one down the road from me that gets used daily and a shop owner in the next town also uses one.

It's Z4s that have disappeared for me. They used to be a more common sight.

Interesting car the i8. I wonder if ~30k is the bottom end and they become a future classic. IIRC they were too expensive vs the alternatives when new.

Picked this up yesterday after looking at quite a variety of stuff. Really very impressed. 4 hour drive home was spot on, loving the combo of character it has.

Few tiny niggles sorted today around the App, the display key and some window resetting, but all good now. You go round and round sometimes trying to find what you like or want, and sometimes its not nessesarily what you think it might be on first thought. Impressed.

At the opposite end of the scale, my little Suzuki Carry Turbo arrived at Newcastle and has left the port, yay!

Lovely cars, truly way ahead of their time, carbon tub, hybrid and quite an effective solution.

Funnily enough there's one down the road from me that gets used daily and a shop owner in the next town also uses one.

It's Z4s that have disappeared for me. They used to be a more common sight.

Interesting car the i8. I wonder if ~30k is the bottom end and they become a future classic. IIRC they were too expensive vs the alternatives when new.

I think 30k is the bottom, I'd also not be buying a 30k i8 to be honest unless I was truly confident about its history and condition, do not forget though they are generally quite reliable they do and can throw hefty bills.

Will they reach classic status, a little unknown the market is still reacting badly to EV/Hybrid sports/supercars it is one of the reasons I have contemplated buying an Artura a few times as people turning their noses up at a truly epic car to drive on road, the Artura drives better on road than my 600 LT for example, I preferred Artura to drive over the faster Ferrari 296 as well. Thing is these hybrids are crashing so hard value wise in such short time, Artura's can be had already for £130,000 - £140,000 and trade offers on them are around £110,000 now bear in mind this is for a car around 18 months old with a 5yr manufacturers warranty, 7yr battery warranty and 3yr service pack as standard, as such the only true cost is depreciation, I've often contemplated selling the 600 LT whilst I can essentially get back what I paid for it, drop into an Artura with 20-30k in my pocket and have no warranty or servicing cost for next few years.

Ferrari 296, similar typically over 300k cars now already dipping sub 200k and plenty for sale. Older F8's cost more for example and the 296 is a far better drive, sounds better too, so what gives.......

They could be the cars to buy as market might shift to favouring them but right now people seem put off for reasons of maybe not pure enough or worries over reliability etc. Corvette E-Ray looks a cracking car too but now looks like UK won't get this model.

Yes i8 great cars, great buys but buy well and have an emergency few grand spare just in case. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dup
Nothing to hide, this one was approved used, £37k inc 2 year warranty. 35k miles

Good buy and peace of mind motoring, they feel quick and handle nice, low grip skinny tyres makes them quite fun to drive, you have done it right, buy approved and on condition, cost you a little more but in long run you will probably save money by doing so.

Picked up my new Golf R estate the other day, absolutely loving having a powerful car again but also adding practicality makes it the perfect wagon for me.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, so will likely change them, but with the crap winter weather incoming and most Golf R wheels that I like being diamond cut, I will likely keep them for winter and get another set of wheels come spring time.

Back
Top Bottom