Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Cheers

The Meg was a Friday afternoon car though.

In 12 months I had:

- Xenon Auto Levelling Sensors broken (twice)
- Window Regulators (3 times, each window)
- Starter Motor (engine out job, £1300 potential bill)
- Entire front suspension replaced and steering column

I fancied a 250, but they are depreciating hard still, so I'll give it 12 months and get back in a RenaultSport.

This Golf is the Edition 30, which has the S3 engine (K04 turbo) so remaps to 310BHP without any other mods. I'll put it on KW V1's too. Should be okay for a while.

Associate
That is the question, but the gearbox was about to go on the Meg, which is a £3k repair.

It probably isn't worth the extra in terms of performance, but its a mint, low mile, full VW history example and has had the belt done. plus the £8750 part ex price was about £1500 too high tbh, so all in, not a bad deal.

The Golf was very competitively priced, and has a 12 month warranty from Renault UK (was a Renault dealer). There was nothing else I fancied around £15k with the same performance, practicality and running costs.

They go quite well if you throw £1500 at them too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRUop1cxb4

DM

DM

Permabanned
spicy, heres one of my old ones a 993 turbo from many moons ago

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_1606951.jpg

tell me thats not the best looking porsche ever :DS

Soldato
I like the Megane's but the Golf's interior is so much nicer, not to mention i think it looks nicer as well. So i guess you sacrificed some driving pleasure for a bit more comfort, reliability and refinement - all good reasons IMO.

Not sure i would have paid £14k for a 4 year old, previous shape Golf though!

Soldato
Seems to be the going rate to be honest. :)

From a dealer maybe, You can pick up E30's for £11k-£12k with low miles. Then you would have that £1.5k for the mod to make it a little faster.

But the guy is happy and all he has really done is pay dealer price, I find VW tend to be at least £1k more expensive for the 2nd hand stuff than other "traders". You get the comfort of being covered for a year though by the proper dealer.

Back
Top Bottom