Show Us Your Motors!

everyone complains about the nankangs, they are perfect for road use, admiadly they fall down in an open pit lane situation where they take a constant hammering all day long but for a sessioned track day they are perfectly fine.

will be getting some yoko AD08's for my spare set of rims before i start racing again next year tho

You smoking something? Nankang are crap, end of, ruining a potentially good car.
Also, AD08 ain't any good for racing either, you want A048 for that.

i actually used my finger nail which i grew for an extended period to acheive such a neat hole.

get your head around the fact that its a track car and what it looks like means nothing :)

I understand that completely, but surely it wouldn't have taken that much effort to make it neat? Especially after all the effort you have gone to with everything else:confused:

I understand that completely, but surely it wouldn't have taken that much effort to make it neat? Especially after all the effort you have gone to with everything else:confused:

Sorry matey that was a bit of a hasty reply was on my way out.

A replacement dashboard for these cars is about £15 and a few hours work and altho it doesnt look good everything is for a purpose and looking good is the last thing on my list with this car.

Re the tyre argument i choose the tyres i like. my opinion is my own as its my car but thx anyway :)

I'm going to jump straight on to the band wagon here.

Nangkangs are absolute poo. Why spend some decent cash on the car to then go and put £50 per corner tyres? You could have spent an extra £200 all round and ended up with MUCH better/safer/higher performance tyres. The Nangkangs are terrible, and yes I have experienced them, in the dry and wet, on the road, and damn were they awful. So to be putting a decent amount of power through them must be even worse!

Also... I'm not sure about where the strength lies on your chassis... but have you really cut out the front of the slam panel/front frame to accommodate pipework? Get much flex there? :p

Sort the tyres out and you will will have yourself a decent quick motor there. I like it :)

Nothing to do with them being cheaper than a cheap thing...

I find this happens a lot on owners clubs. People spend thousands upon thousands upgrading their car, then put Linglongs on it for some ungodly reason.

I happen to like a good linglong on the rear wheels. Haha. Purely for skids though mind you. If I had them on the fronts then I probably would not be here today.

Although still quite cheap in certain sizes, I still find Toyo T1-Rs are pretty good.

I had use of a 220 turbo for a few months last year, it had Nankangs on, they came with the Pro Race 1.2s that were put on the car. They were bad, even in the dry they had nothing going for them at all, in the wet they were a bit of a handfull.

So there, I've used Nankangs on the 220 turbo, I didn't pay for them so don't have to justify them against their price, and found them to be crap.

Otherwise that's a really nice car. The T series with a T28 on is a bit brutal, but they're good fun :D

I've driven a car with a set of Nankangs. Utterly shocking tyres! The definition of ditchfinders, especially in the wet!

Seems like an awful lot of cash to throw at an old Rover only to stick ditchfinders on it?

Last edited:
Noob cannon bought the car Pre modified from a long time member on rover tech so almost all the mods won't be his own and it cost him a fraction of the total price to modify.

Wouldn't use Nankangs myself, but have used KU31 in the past which were fine so not all cheaper tyres are greased pigs. Bought some wheels which came with some Achilles, they were ditch finders, wheel spin in the dry at speed and made the car terrible to drive.

I'd choose a proper track tyre for use such as R888 and any mid to high range road tyre, I would put Nankangs in the low end though.

Last edited:
My new mile muncher
DSC_0137-1.jpg

And just in case you forget what its called Skoda put it on the headlights for you
DSC_0141.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our cars:

cars.jpg

MX-5 1.8 10th Anniversary Edition and 54 plate Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Ghia X.

The MX-5 is mine but my girlfriend mainly drives it and the Mondeo is hers but I mainly drive it due to the distance of our commutes.

Back
Top Bottom