Show Us Your Motors!

img1015od.jpg

Here's my unjustified 2nd car. A possible mid-life crisis which means I'm going to die in my early 60s.

Wow, nice Tim! Love the CRX!

What sort of power does the 1.6 make? Is it a B16?

You have the same handbrake and gearknob as me. I bet your indicator stalks are the same too ;)

Wow, nice Tim! Love the CRX!

What sort of power does the 1.6 make? Is it a B16?

You have the same handbrake and gearknob as me. I bet your indicator stalks are the same too ;)

I think it's 150bhp?

EDIT: CR-X 1.6i-VT (EE8)

Honda CR-X 1.6 VT
Honda CR-X VT leather seats
Weight - 1010 kg (2227 lb)
Engine - B16A1, DOHC 16-valve, VTEC
Power - 150 bhp @ 7600 rpm
Torque - 112 ft·lbf t@ 7100 rpm
0-100 km/h - 7.1 sec.

http://wikicars.org/en/Honda_CR-X_del_Sol#CR-X_1.6i-VT_.28EE8.29

I don't have to travel much so I'm not sure I'd be able to identify all it's faults... However the main ones that irritate me

-No where good to hang shirts
-NO cupholder! (There is one if you don't have an arm rest, but that one is useless for anything other than cans)
-The French didn't move the fuse box when converting it to RHD therefore the glovebox isn't even big enough to hold the leather pouch they give you with the service history etc...)

On a side note, the engine is buggered again so back to citroen! Don't get the THP :)

Thanks for that. They are the only bad things I noticed on the test drive as well.
I was amazed how good the interior was.

Loved it and ordered one, the Dsport plus THP :D

Now to sell my EP3..

Give mine a little clean & wax today, Some lad stopped behind me mid clean to see if I'd sell him my wheels, No deals I like'em.

Done a few hundred miles in it now & still haven't had the stereo on once. :cool:

Jesus Mary and Joseph I dread to think what a 300 horse Elise must be like on the roads, my VX Turbo was a handful at 250, that said I was never a fan of the power delivery in those Vauxhall turbo units, they're just massive boost at 3k and then nothing past 5k. SC K20 is probably much smoother...for the best part anyway!

SL55 will be a fun mile muncher, but atrocious on the track or even any sort of spirited B road driving.

We've just replaced our MY11 SL63 with a MY13 SL63, great motors, stonking performance, but still wouldnt be much cop on a track!

That's kinda what I'm after. I managed to get myself a tidy little Clio for the week and since buying the 911 I've managed a sum total of 1 track day. Now I have the Clio i'm thinking I want a comfy, big powered cruiser for the few sunny days we get. Not too fussed about the track these days, just don't have time. SL63 - damn you and your riches. Amazing car, a friend has a 65 Bi-Turbo, jesus does that shift (once the wheels stop spinning).

Back
Top Bottom