Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
The delay in the gearbox makes it around 89 seconds 0-60

Heh you're not wrong! It is probably around 9 seconds. That said the gear changes are hilarious as it is an automated manual - I have looked into 'remapping' the gearbox which is possible to increase the speed of the changes however it is a fairly limited number of companies who do this ... I may look into it in the future.

That said with the turbo the in gear performance is surprising and does keep up and pulls well.

Associate
She hasn't had any proper photos taken of her, as it's been too mucky out, but...

Ng7cAFrl.jpg

I'm chuffed with it. First 'grown up' car I've had, and boy what a step up it is.

Now to look after her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heh you're not wrong! It is probably around 9 seconds. That said the gear changes are hilarious as it is an automated manual - I have looked into 'remapping' the gearbox which is possible to increase the speed of the changes however it is a fairly limited number of companies who do this ... I may look into it in the future.

That said with the turbo the in gear performance is surprising and does keep up and pulls well.

Yeah a few people on the smart forums get there over 100hp and remap the gearbox for some serious fun :D

Associate
My_BMW_COOL_PIC.jpg

Nice light on my beamer :)

Soldato
Unfortunately, insurance says no.

But it's a gorgeous car to drive, silky smooth and just the right balance between power and MPG for me.

Sucks, my insurance was no different between the 180ps and 225ps, so I thought, why not go the whole hog :)

Quick question, how is the idle on yours? is it dead still or is there a little needle movement?

Man of Honour
I always worry a bit when I see insurance given as a reason for buying a particular variant of an old performance car that can be quite expensive to run - if the insurance was a problem what about the rest of the costs? :p

Back
Top Bottom