Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Looks smart that Pete.

Any mods/plans?

Just a fast road setup, exhaust and I'm 50/50 over an upgraded air filter. Love the noise of the engine and don't want to drown it out with induction noise. Though the exhaust might do that depending on which one I opt for :D

Front bumper is battered by stone chips so I may keep my eyes peeled for a second hand facelift one.

Soldato
It's not actually advertised anywhere at the moment, not trying very hard to sell it :p don't really want to if im honest I swing between selling it and keeping it weekly

It first went on auto trader the second week of December. Before that it was just on e90 post

I forget, why were you selling it again?

Man of Honour
@Eyedot.... the gaps in the rear windscreen, is that glass between them? :o If not, how do you stop water/dirt getting inside :o

No, they're just gaps.
You dont.. water / dirt are welcome to ingress if they're quick enough.

If I drove in reverse a lot, I'm sure the engine bay would be horrendous, given I go forwards and the gaps are lipped, very little avery actually gets in there :)

Associate
Sucks, my insurance was no different between the 180ps and 225ps, so I thought, why not go the whole hog :)

Quick question, how is the idle on yours? is it dead still or is there a little needle movement?

Nice! I get dead still, I'm assuming you have movement?

[TW]Fox;23679732 said:
I always worry a bit when I see insurance given as a reason for buying a particular variant of an old performance car that can be quite expensive to run - if the insurance was a problem what about the rest of the costs? :p

Well, a fair point, but the difference in insurance for me was around £150. Combined with the (albeit slightly) increased running costs, I settled with the slower version, as a more justified purchase (in my opinion!)

Associate
Well its your opinion that counts! I would have spend the 150 though, its not much over 12 months for something you are going to benefit from daily.

enjoy!

Soldato
Nice! I get dead still, I'm assuming you have movement?

Yea it's not 100% happy at idle. Just annoys me when garages say 'all the 1.8t's at this age/mileage do it, don't worry about it'.

All the recall work done on yours? If your coil packs haven't been done in the last 2 years, I think you can get another set fitted by Audi. Worth a call just to check.

Associate
oooh a clean one :)

OMG OMG OMG

F40 on forums :eek::eek::eek::eek:
best looking car EVER

this is mine
:(
tn_IMG_0419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom