Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Usually people keep them in a very secure storage facility, as they get stolen a lot. Quite a few of my friends have got motorhomes (presumably blowing their 25% tax free pension amount on them :p ) but I've never seen the point really.
The money spent on something like that would pay for an awful lot of nice holidays and hotel rooms.

You could literally live the winter months in Spain in one of these. I know someone's retired parents do exactly that. Spending 3-4 months in Spain will soon add up. 15-20k in hotel bills. Over a 5 year period you are close to 100k. AirBnB your house during the winter months as already mentioned.

Also with todays rates you save about 1.5k a year on utilities during the winter so that is 7 and half grand over 5 years in itself. :cry:

If I was ever going to do it I would convert a Rigid truck (DAF/SCANIA/VOLVO) with a box on the back then maybe add a couple of motorbikes for local transport.

OcUK Staff
Awesome, the R8 awesome looks a different colour now from the presvious shots.

Yeah, they discovered the bonnet had been repainted really bad, in short it was as if the lacquer had not cured right, the paint was smooth but the bonnet had like a haze/milky look to it making it quite dull and they thought it was beyond rescue. They tried what they call velvet pads which are far harsher in certain circumstances but not as harsh as just going to a harsh foam pad and heavy cut, in short the different pad worked wonders on the bonnet and fixed the lacquer issue, rest of car was just really swirly due to poor washing techniques and having a really nasty car cover on the car. I am over the moon with it, in theory the 5yr ceramic should make future washing easy, which will be the test as I did the 360 and Clio myself using Gtechniq 5yr ceramic followed by their EXO, that is a truly superb product and really keeps the cars clean and mega easy to wash, so be cool to see how Autobrites product compares over coming weeks/months. :)

Soldato
ddodZPA.jpeg

Collected at the start of this month, and what a month it's been.

2020 Fiesta ST 3, with all the trimmings; Heated Seats/Steering wheel as standard, Android auto, Upgraded LED Headlights (brilliant), Performance Pack (LSD is incredible) reversing camera, panoramic sunroof.

Absolutely stunning colour (Silver Fox) I've made a few mods so far, switched the plain stock gear knob for a carbon effect knob, wing mirrors have had the indicators changed to 'sweep' in sync with the Matrix LED headlight indicators and I've also had them wrapped in gloss black.

Then last week I managed to find an Air Tec induction kit on ebay for £100; it would've been rude not to. It makes silly noises which make me giggle like a child. I have a short-shifter arriving tomorrow too.

Haven't managed to sell my Mk 7 yet which sucks. I wasn't expecting to struggle so much!

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
ddodZPA.jpeg

Collected at the start of this month, and what a month it's been.

2020 Fiesta ST 3, with all the trimmings; Heated Seats/Steering wheel as standard, Android auto, Upgraded LED Headlights (brilliant), Performance Pack (LSD is incredible) reversing camera, panoramic sunroof.

Absolutely stunning colour (Silver Fox) I've made a few mods so far, switched the plain stock gear knob for a carbon effect knob, wing mirrors have had the indicators changed to 'sweep' in sync with the Matrix LED headlight indicators and I've also had them wrapped in gloss black.

Then last week I managed to find an Air Tec induction kit on ebay for £100; it would've been rude not to. It makes silly noises which make me giggle like a child. I have a short-shifter arriving tomorrow too.

Haven't managed to sell my Mk 7 yet which sucks. I wasn't expecting to struggle so much!
Looks good. Maybe consider getting some proper tyres for it?

Reactions: V_R
Soldato
Well, I had a slightly insane turn of luck on Friday night. Sat at home with a broken boiler trying to work out how to fund the replacement (beyond economical repair) on the phone to parents talking through options and I missed a phonecall. Turned out I'd won an Evo :D

Picked it up Sunday and literally haven't been home in daylight hours since picking it up, but it is an insane piece of kit. 552bhp on high boost with switchable antilag (childish side of me loves it) along with a full underside restoration in the near past.

Hopefully you'll allow the pictures direct from DCG, it's every bit as clean as it looks :D

C3DwFzfOeF67F1OYSzqAqM

iyedxRrhcNm4qBom0lp9pw

TiFjV3jTf9_66cdYftjAVM
I rarely do such comps, but I think I tried for this one too! Well done mate, beaut

Associate
These are my two toys, I love this shape Vantage and have been coveting the N430 since its release, couldnt afford it when it first came out in 2014 (and not sure I can now either..) but it happened, been on a few road trips to Wales/Norfolk with it so far, it had 14k miles on it when i got it last year, that is increasing quite quickly at the moment.

The Atom is like a 4 wheeled motorbike, 3rd one I have owned and imo the best of the 3, 350bhp and 510kg's it is a weapon and a lot of fun, not ideal for winter but the service and MOT are due in January so that should be interesting... :S

53384135708_7beeead5d6_h.jpg

53383036802_eb9fe903d4_h.jpg

53383958386_3cf59183c6_h.jpg

53384271729_f0d7bddf05_h.jpg
<a
53384395425_0796cb70dd_h.jpg

Caporegime
Nice that they left you some major issues to fix at least. Thoughtful of them. :p

I try to enter competitions for undesirable rubbish, because I think less people will enter and my odds will be better. Since I'd only sell whatever I win so I could buy something different anyway.

It hasn't worked yet. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Nice that they left you some major issues to fix at least. Thoughtful of them. :p

I try to enter competitions for undesirable rubbish, because I think less people will enter and my odds will be better. Since I'd only sell whatever I win so I could buy something different anyway.

Though the odds are low always worth entering the Autotrader EV giveaway - costs nothing (well except your soul if you win...).

Last edited:
Associate
I rarely do such comps, but I think I tried for this one too! Well done mate, beaut
i bought a couple of tickets for that one as well! lol
It is a nice car, worth the entry tbh

Thanks all! :)

Fortunately Odd Autos fixed those issues as part of the prep DCG did on the car so its mint now (although something is knocking against the body I think, need to look at exhaust I'm guessing)

Only other issue is its so darn clean I don't think I'll use it much until spring :D

Underside resto in late 2021 cut out a lot of rot & replaced various panels and chassis legs along a generous smothering of raptor which was tinted with the cars colour. Then fitted all new parts throughout & new bolts everywhere etc, crazy clean and the receipt pile is insane.

408872410_10159686592826966_8777816273392721527_n.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very nice :p

Only car I've ever had that clean underneath was my Crown, and that was because I was the first owner outside of Osaka.

It definitely makes you think about when you are driving it.

Back
Top Bottom