Show What You're Working On

Setting the standard means, well... to set the standard. So, anything below that standard is crap really, and doesn't quite reach the 'standard'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've always understood it.

Last edited:
Setting the standard means, well... to set the standard. So, anything below that standard is crap really, and doesn't quite reach the 'standard'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've always understood it.

I think he was asking what relevance the phrase had to the local shops. Is the row of shops called 'Setting the standard' or something?

You might want to move the majority of the first 'Shops' paragraph to the Home landing page otherwise it just looks like an empty site. Also, the flow of the text on the 'Shops' page is a bit broken in Firefox 6.0.2 - I haven't checked any other browsers.

I don't want to be harsh... but it just looks like a template. Nothing about it says "local shops", and as above what does setting the standard mean?
Well it is a template, i don't know how to do my own CSS etc
Correct
I think he was asking what relevance the phrase had to the local shops. Is the row of shops called 'Setting the standard' or something?

You might want to move the majority of the first 'Shops' paragraph to the Home landing page otherwise it just looks like an empty site. Also, the flow of the text on the 'Shops' page is a bit broken in Firefox 6.0.2 - I haven't checked any other browsers.
The row of shops is known as The Standard parade. I didnt do any of this all the shopkeepers got together and agreed on all this, i just put it on the website.

Would that look "right" though? Anyway there is still plenty of photos and info to go on the home page. They just haven't decided it yet.

I just checked and i see that. How would i fix that though?
In dreamweaver it looks like its set out fine?

"The Standard Parade", would be an ok title to your website.

You could do something like:

The Standard Parade (in big font)
setting the standard (in small font)

If the shopkeepers the ones who have asked you to the website like that then you can advise them to change it, but if they are your clients...give them what they want, even if it doesnt make any sense.

Well I know that... I was asking its relevance to a row of shops.

I think he was asking what relevance the phrase had to the local shops.

Yep :)

Well it is a template, i don't know how to do my own CSS etc

I just checked and i see that. How would i fix that though?
In dreamweaver it looks like its set out fine?

It may be time to start learning HTML & CSS. Start with the basics, there are huge amounts of resources available for free on the web.

Here is a great introduction to CSS positioning. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/css-positioning-101/

Furthermore my comments about it looking like a template, with the existing structure in place you can easily change the look/feel of the site. Nothing about the design/colours or bokeh image on the homepage say "shops" to me.

Finding bugs in Firefox... get a plugin called firebug. This lets you right click on elements on a page and view the code/layout and get to the root of any problem.

Hope this is of some help mate :)

"The Standard Parade", would be an ok title to your website.

You could do something like:

The Standard Parade (in big font)
setting the standard (in small font)

If the shopkeepers the ones who have asked you to the website like that then you can advise them to change it, but if they are your clients...give them what they want, even if it doesnt make any sense.
hmm good idea :)

Yeh they asked me to do it like that but i will ask them and see what they say.
Unless you're planning on actually putting some content on the homepage, I'd make the shops page the home.

Also, I'd put each shop on it's own page. That way they can at least have their own url, rather than being tucked away at the bottom.
Yes i am, a little introduction and some photos.

I was thinking that but for what it is i dont really think it would be worth it? or i was thinking to do 2 side by side all the way down but i don't know how to do that.

It may be time to start learning HTML & CSS. Start with the basics, there are huge amounts of resources available for free on the web.

Here is a great introduction to CSS positioning. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/css-positioning-101/

Furthermore my comments about it looking like a template, with the existing structure in place you can easily change the look/feel of the site. Nothing about the design/colours or bokeh image on the homepage say "shops" to me.

Finding bugs in Firefox... get a plugin called firebug. This lets you right click on elements on a page and view the code/layout and get to the root of any problem.

Hope this is of some help mate :)
I know how to do CSS & HTML see as a website i made.

What would you expect? and bokeh image?

I have that ;)

Last edited:
I know how to do CSS & HTML see www.blackheathpetsupplies.co.uk as a website i made.

What would you expect? and bokeh image?

I have that ;)

Oh, well when you said "i don't know how to do my own CSS etc" I figured that you didnt know how to do your own CSS.

Bokeh image:
img-post.jpg

^ Really random for a row of shops, and if you have firebug then you should be able to work out the display issue with firefox.

Oh, well when you said "i don't know how to do my own CSS etc" I figured that you didnt know how to do your own CSS.

Bokeh image:
img-post.jpg

^ Really random for a row of shops, and if you have firebug then you should be able to work out the display issue with firefox.
Well i am not amazing at it but i can do it ok, it came across wrong.

Ah, that is because i havent got an image yet :) that was just a random image to see where it would go. I am going to get like a panoramic one or something like that :)

Can anyone help me in terms of doing 2 shop pics/info side by side rather than all below each other? just so i can show them an alternative or if they dont like either i can just make a page for each.

Re-designing a website for my ArmA 2 unit, I plan to make a basic content management system for uploading missions directly to the game server ect. I also need to rewrite all of the content to make it more SEO friendly. :)

WebsiteMockup.jpg

Constructive feedback would be appreciated. Creating it with Adobe DreamWeaver CS5.5. :p

Back
Top Bottom