Sigma 35mm f1.4....?!!

Soldato
Contrary to popular belief, only a certain number of L lenses are weather sealed, most once a front filter is screwed on!

From FM board:

Interesting read. I was aware than by no means are all L lenses sealed, for some reason I just thought the 35L was.

Associate
The 35 gets used most by those wanting to make viewers feel like they're in the frame rather than viewing it and that's the kind of story telling that I mean.

28mm does that better. It's not too wide like a 24 but it's close enough to a 35 that you can easily get a 35 look out of a 28. It's a tough lens to work with though, William Klein, Garry Winogrand, Trent Parke, and Francesco Zizola are four photographers that can really make that focal length work.

Soldato
Interesting read. I was aware than by no means are all L lenses sealed, for some reason I just thought the 35L was.

I did when I bought it too. I was rather peed off when I discovered it wasn't. Some of the old lists had the 35L & 85L listed as weather sealed, which isn't the case. Personally I think it's madness at that price point. One of the reasons I slowly upgraded to better gear was for weather sealing, which isn't there. You can get away with more using the higher up stuff, with light rain, etc. Dipping it in the bath is a nono though :D

Still, I have a storm jacket amongst all this mess, somewhere :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm loving this shot, it's not just the pink brush but the pose and his face. What a legend :D

A26A2607.jpg

Man of Honour
You can :)

Microadjust is really easy "if" it needs doing for your camera body with a lens. It's a prime lens too so you don't have to MA for multiple focal lengths, just the one. My 35 didn't need any MA, only my 17-40L needed some MA really.

Back
Top Bottom