Sigma 35mm f1.4....?!!

Soldato
Ah yes, that would have been the better choice of word I suppose :D

She had 6 outfits to change into, still going through all the pictures, deadline is Wednesday as the student who designed and made the outfits is using the photos for her final entry for the course :eek:

No pressure then :D

Soldato
I used them for my 35MM, price has gone down though!

Never had an issue using them, sent me a picture of my order. Got it within a few days, did get hit my import tax but it was only £60 odd

Associate
ordered 9 days ago and not had any contact from them or confirmation of shipping (if there usually is any?), site suggests 10 days for order to be processed and delivered so will get in touch tomorrow. payment went through, order shows as paid according to order history on the site.

Caporegime
I used them for my 35MM, price has gone down though!

Never had an issue using them, sent me a picture of my order. Got it within a few days, did get hit my import tax but it was only £60 odd

That's cheap!

I got stung £180 for my 50A, that only had a value of £600/$1000.

20% of a £500 lens should be. £100 + courier charges.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is cheap, although I'm a bit wary not having heard of them before plus there's the risk of getting hit with taxes.

Decisions decisions - have a wedding in three weeks and I really want it for that.

Soldato
OP
Just to add I used them for my sigma. PayPal took a while to clear the payment but that wasn't their fault. Got a photo of the lens being packaged emailed to me and no import duty when I received it. Would certainly use them again.

There's always import duty, you've just decided not to declare or pay it ;)

Caporegime
And broken the law.... Dodgy business practices... ;)

That aside I assume you make money from your wedding shoots, in which case are you VAT registered? If so you could claim back the VAT and negate most of the price benefit of importing anyway. I assume you could also offset the cost of the lens against tax as well as it's a business expense.

Unless of course you don't declare that income either... :p

Man of Honour
Delicious bokeh.

A26A2715.jpg

Back
Top Bottom