Sigma 35mm f1.4....?!!

Man of Honour
I know the feeling...me looks at 7 lenses with a red ring....and thinking getting NOT the Canon 50L....

I know the feeling, trust me ! :p

But i am past the gear thing, clients really don't care what it is as long as the pictures are good. Use the lens that get you the results you desire, that's all it really comes down to. So in your case, the 14L ticks all the boxes, whether the name on the barrel is Canon or Sigma really is irrelevant.

Nobody is debating otherwise :p

I just want all sigma because I like the design of these new lenses and they offer the best value for money in class! I'll no doubt get the client pleasing results with any lens but I'd rather get them with glass that satisfies my own personal likes than just shoot for the sake of pleasing clients if that makes sense :)

Associate
Nobody is debating otherwise :p

I just want all sigma because I like the design of these new lenses and they offer the best value for money in class! I'll no doubt get the client pleasing results with any lens but I'd rather get them with glass that satisfies my own personal likes than just shoot for the sake of pleasing clients if that makes sense :)

That does make sense because you want to satisfy yourself in the knowledge that you are getting the very best results that you can, and the beneficiaries of that are your clients.

Caporegime
Anyone using this on a crop camera? If so, how are you finding it?

Keen to know this as well. Every image i've seen has been taken on a FX camera. It's usually pretty easy to spot DX image in comparison.

Yeah it's great, it's only going to be better on a crop sensor as you'll have less vignetting on the edges wide open due the the fact you're using the smaller image circle in the middle.

AF works well, images look great, no complaints here.

A couple of quick samples - imgur slightly ruins the quality but you get the idea.

http://i.imgur.com/9kz8rnU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zpELrpG.jpg

Soldato
The Nikkor 35 1.8G has slightly higher MTF than the Sigma 1.4, and massively higher in the corners (though a crop won't be using the extreme corners of the sigma).

Unless you need the extra aperture and/or will be switching between FX and DX, there's not much advantage to the Sigma.

Soldato
3J6A7049%20%28Copy%29.jpg

3J6A7050%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Soldato
Yes. I haven't used it yet as I bought it incase the lens needed tuning, but it's fine. The dock also allows you to upgrade the firmware on the lens too, so it's worth having, especially if you get the other Art lenses when they're released :D

Back
Top Bottom