Silent Hill 2 PC

Well, fired up SH2 with my new GPU to see how it runs compared to my 4070ti..and WOW! the difference! :eek:

less input lag, smoother gameplay, less stutters, higher FPS by about 20-30 and at higher graphical settings. Im impressed. All with the GPU "peak" at 68c and averaging 64-65c at low fan speed.

Mod on nexus to restore the OG gangsta James jacket :cool:

p7FDpLv.jpeg

Also now at Lakeview Hotel and the Ray reconstruction really shows off its capability here, was also able to test properly that it works using software Lumen too so you don't actually have to be using the hardware RT ingame option option to benefit it seems.

Also a mod for the classic health drink bottles:

Mod on nexus to restore the OG gangsta James jacket :cool:

p7FDpLv.jpeg

Also now at Lakeview Hotel and the Ray reconstruction really shows off its capability here, was also able to test properly that it works using software Lumen too so you don't actually have to be using the hardware RT ingame option option to benefit it seems.

Also a mod for the classic health drink bottles:

Nexus you say? @Nexus18 where you at lad? :cry:

Please leave your settings here so I can copy them in a few months when I buy the game half price :D
This is for HDR TB400 mode so refine them if you're on Peak 1000. I'm all about accuracy and tonal range so TB400 for all HDR on the 32" whereas Peak 1000 on the 34" AW didn't have the range issue the 32 does.

bWeMqpD.jpeg

Reactions: TNA
Completed it yesterday.

Disappointed to find there seem to be 8 endings, and as I got an achievement for my one ("leave") I assume there are 7 more achievements?

The thing is, as good as it was, I don't think the game offers a lot of replayability particularly in a day and age where you can just go on YouTube to hunt the other endings down. It's quite lengthy and even with a speed running mentality I imagine it's going to take 4-5 hours per run.

I've also no idea what the point of the occasional thing you find that when you look at it has a 'wavy' screen and sound effect. Didn't seem to add anything to the game other than slight confusion.

The stats at the end were amusing. Apparently I tried to open 300+ locked doors.

Interesting themes and story though. I was pretty shocked to find it was faithful to the original and that a playstation 2 game from 23 years ago was exploring mariticide, grief, guilt, and punishment (James) plus sexual abuse and suicide (Angela)

I just fought old big head for the first time - gotta say I wasn't too impressed with the fight. Much improved over the original obviously....but yeah. I hope that kind of thing gets better as I go on.

I got the Maria ending, won't bother playing a new game+ and will watch the other endings on youtube. Overall a great thrill and Lakeview Hotel was obviously the best part of the game with the most horros and jumpy bits which were mostly excellent. I also am chuffed I sat there figuring out the music box there although I never found where a spare bulb was for the vanity mirror broken bulb and what that actually was all about

394VmVQ.png

ZNZPHWF.png

Can't beat the steel pipe :cool:

Oh yeah, was this a The Shining reference?

dE8YA0n.jpeg

Last edited:
Just completed it. Think the ending I had was called 'In the water', Overall really enjoyed it having never played the original but I won't be starting a NG+ I must admit.

Looked fantastic using @mrk settings posted previously, had some stutter which was a shame but none the less very enjoyable.

Reactions: mrk
And this one is a great recap on some key details that many inc myself will have missed, I especially like the car's back seat, that James has finally brought Mary to that special place.

The hotel room briefcase letter code also spells different things on each playthrough, likewise some other codes in puzzles are randomised on each playthrough so I guess with this in mind if a future DLC ever comes out I may well replay this game to pay attention to more hidden details.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Still playing it only got to Woodside Apartments. Had to reduce resolution to 1920x1080 its perfectly playable now for me anyway on max everything!

I also am chuffed I sat there figuring out the music box there although I never found where a spare bulb was for the vanity mirror broken bulb and what that actually was all about

At one point the bulb is shown through the window, out in the front gardens

To get to it you have to get the bolt cutters to open a gate.

You also need to find the red paint and can opener, and combine the paint with the new bulb to make it red.

Plugging it in reveals the code for the briefcase in that room.

Wait that's what the bolt cutters were for? I got that and wondered wtf, I also got the red paint and can opener and opened the paint only to be like wtf is this for :cry:

I ended up googling the code for the case in that room lol.

Back
Top Bottom