Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Associate
Anyone had any joy stripping down a barista express? Mine has a terrible leak and although this unit is a warranty replacement, Sage aren't interested in honouring a years warranty on it. If I can't fix it I'm really tempted by the Lelit units...

Soldato
BE leak - recent discussion we had.
Unfortunately, my Sage Barista Express has packed up. What started with Steam Wand issues, upon investigation - it appears my 3 way top pipe connector has rotted away and started to leak on the Solenoid (which I then successfully replaced). Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue. So I dug further and found that the tube that feeds the Assembly from the Solenoid was completely stuck and I wasn't able to remove it.

Soldato
Anyone had any joy stripping down a barista express? Mine has a terrible leak and although this unit is a warranty replacement, Sage aren't interested in honouring a years warranty on it. If I can't fix it I'm really tempted by the Lelit units...
Happy to help if you need some photos and q&a.

Push Sage harder if its under warranty. Gave them a call?

Associate
Happy to help if you need some photos and q&a.

Push Sage harder if its under warranty. Gave them a call?
Some tear down photos would be great thanks, I've had the back off but quickly came to a stop as it looked almost impossible to take it any further.
I can message you my email address?
I'll give Sage one more try in the meantime.

Soldato
changed the gasket, original/oem one was conic and has now been replaced twice over 8yrs with identical flat rimmed ones ....so pf's now smooth.
didn't drain and upturn machine this time, just tilted it, single screw, and pulling that, gasket broke into fragments, conic had come out in one piece.
some scraping of brass surfaces with a piece of wood.

do wonder if the conic have a better seal if they get pushed out towards edge.

sizing problematic:new one 71.8 / 56 / 8mm
conic had been 72.5 / 56.5 / 6-9 mm
I never know how much slack there can be, as I'm now out of stock.

53841974357_0079eb8c49_b.jpg

Soldato
Not yet, life has taken a turn since I posted that and I am in serious saving mode at the moment and just have to use what I have (which is decent anyway).

Ah, fair enough, no worries.

If/when I finally pull the trigger I'll report back with how I get on. :)

I’ve had the Q* for a few weeks now.

*This is the what they’re calling the latest iteration that replaces the Q2s with the folding handle and upgraded burrs. Not to be confused with the Q Air, which is made of plastic and has the older burrs.

So far so good. I can’t compare it to other well-regarded grinders but it’s a clear step up from my old Hario hand grinder and my Krups Expert electric grinder. I’ve been enjoying both Aeropress and V60 with it.

It feels great, grinds quickly (about 30 seconds for 11g for the AP) and I assume it’s only going to get better as it seasons. Plus, it fits in the plunger of the AP, so will be perfect for travel.

Soldato
Hi all.

I've seen that barista express was recommendeed in here.
any other machine at around 500£ mark that are worth looking in to ?

Back in the day had Gaggia classis and ic2 grinder, now just simple nespresso LOL

other half wants better coffee and wants to invest in a decent coffee machine - I wont be stopping her and can do some research ;)

thanks

Soldato
I ordered a DF64V on 6th May, so far the date has slipped 3 times. The latest shipping date I had was 20/07 and its just slipped to 14/08 :(

I will get this grinder at some point.

Back
Top Bottom