Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Wouldn't mind seeing it for ideas once its all set up :)

It's going to be a busy few nights, and a very busy weekend

I have to remove the existing HDMI cable, drill a bigger hole in the wall and then lay 3 displayport cables before getting the new stands and monitors in.

I've already had to relocate my fans and move the side speaker further out. Still, will be worth all the work in the end.

Need to get a new piece of black aluminium made up to run under the centre speaker and to tidy up the top section.

hHB3Dxs.jpg

Associate
Didn't realise there was a sim-setup thread. Love some of the setups in here.

I jumped baws deep into my setup over Christmas and New Year.
  • Trackracer TR80
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro + Boost Kit
  • Clubsport Pedals V3
  • McLaren GT3 V2 Steering wheel
  • Asus PG348G
  • HP Reverb G2
Only after I had ordered the Fanatec goodies did I read that they were not the best company to get things from quickly but I can have no complaints. Even considering it was over Christmas/New Year delivery was perfect. Setup was a doddle, though same can't be said for Trak Racer.

Despite me ordering a TR160 (Their slightly more robust cockpit) they shipped me a TR80. Just took the refund of the difference because as a company, their customer service is shocking to non-existent. 2 weeks after ordering (It was in stock for pre-New Year delivery) it turns up out of the blue without any email. Trying to chase them for the 2 weeks was a nightmare also.

Had the G2 VR headset for a week but not 100% sure its for me. I am more consistent and faster on the UW at the mo. I can never seem to get it to be properly in focus either which is probably the biggest off-puter. Considering going for the Samsung G9 and binning off the VR all together.

51858554317_8df5d25a3d_b.jpg

Soldato
Considering going for the Samsung G9 and binning off the VR all together.

I think they both have their place. VR is amazing, but I don't want to spend all my racing time in it.

Regarding the G2. If you can sent it back, I would. It's not a great headset to be honest. I also ran one for a while, and to be honest, I prefer the quest2. The sweetspot is really small in the G2 which is why you are finding it blurry.

You can always buy into it again later in the year when the new ones get released.

Soldato
What a weekend!!! Things not going easy that's for sure.

Getting there slowly though. Waiting for some parts to come today to get it all finished.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, are there any rigs that can be used from the comfort of your sofa?
Currently using the GTOmega Apex stand and it's solid with the 8nm CSL DD.
My only complaint is the weight, with everything on you can probably injure yourself lifting it. So for ease of use I bought lockable casters so I can just push it around.

Even though it's just a stand I'm not sure I'd use it from a sofa.

Associate
What a weekend!!! Things not going easy that's for sure.

Getting there slowly though. Waiting for some parts to come today to get it all finished.

Doesn't look quite right from the position I was in when taking the photo, but when sat down it's pretty damn epic!

Looks great!

I have the G9 and toyed with the idea of side monitors when I get a bit more room. Would you mind saying what PC you have powering it and what frames your getting?

Soldato
I’m looking to upgrade my Logitech G920 wheel.
Options I’m considering are the following :
  • Fanatic CSL DD 8nm with the McLaren GT3 v2 wheel
  • Thrustmasters soon to be released DD wheel.
Are there any other wheel options for about £600 to consider?

Associate
It’s a nice setup you have there @TheOracle , I’ve not seen triples run with a larger middle monitor before. Would you be able to post an image of a GT cockpit so I could see what sort of view it gives you?

Soldato
It’s a nice setup you have there @TheOracle , I’ve not seen triples run with a larger middle monitor before. Would you be able to post an image of a GT cockpit so I could see what sort of view it gives you?

It's awesome. The sides are only really used for added immersion but still good. You don't realise just how good until you go back to single 16x9

Made you a little video, although I've since added a 2mm washer to bring the right screen inline a bit better as Im a picky sod lol

Associate
Thanks for taking the time to sort a video, that showcases it really well. My old man is considering something similar (21:9 centre screen though) and this was great to show him what he could achieve :cool:

Associate
What is Fanatecs warranty like in the UK? Want to get the csl DD 5nm but currently out of stock so looking at the 8nm instead, but it's quite a lot of extra money for just a power supply. That's probably why the 5nm is out of stock...

Back
Top Bottom