SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Caporegime
Yep, I read the update notes and there was nothing in there that made me want to give this game another try.

As mentioned in the above post, it doesn’t fix things like traffic and sims not having fixed jobs. I suspect a lot of this won’t be fixed as it would all be quite complicated and they’ve kept it all quite simplistic.
must be fun having a nuclear power plant.

It must be like Russian roulette with the workers, will it be the educated sims that get their first? or will it be those little ******* that have no education even if you put a million ****** bus stops outside their house , block every other road off in the game and have him as the only student possibly being picked up.
Enrolled , computer says no.....

You would think the highest skilled workers would go to the high skilled jobs ...
It makes me wonder if the $ sims go to the jobs for $$ and $$$ I bet they do.

Makes me sick when all these dev teams blatantly lie about stuff not being possible and computers not being fast enough when it was managed in sim city games over a decade a go FFS!

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I'm trying to do a steady mining/processor works and get a good education going (university) to build a solar great works.

I get so far and plop some med/high parks and all goes well and get some money. My education seems to fail a lot and then i hit -$$$$ and city fails.

But profit via mining and processors go through the roof

Soldato
I'm trying to do a steady mining/processor works and get a good education going (university) to build a solar great works.

I get so far and plop some med/high parks and all goes well and get some money. My education seems to fail a lot and then i hit -$$$$ and city fails.

But profit via mining and processors go through the roof

If you weren't aware, this game is all about traffic and how you manage the thick agents.

For example a good rule to follow is to pull a high density avenue of the highway and only have either your residential area on the left hand side or right. This way your residential commuters turn off the road sooner, freeing up the avenue. If you want industry have them come off the avenue after the residential do, so you don't get congestion with workers going too and from work.

Also start small and grow. I was 3 hours in with only about 20 houses and around 3-4 commercial.

If your after sky scrapers, build a small lot of residential, let it grow, then address there commercial needs. Once that is done, add your services like water, power, waste, rubbish, police, fire and health and just wait. They will increase density soon enough and then they might require more commercial, add it 1 lot at a time and keep increasing to max density on your res and comm. Try and place your commercial opposite your res, so the sims just have to walk across the road rather then drive.

Also if you have a university, edit the uni and build the "people path's" around your city as well, it helps pedestrians connect to different parts of roads etc speeding up there travel time.

Once you've done that, move onto your next lot and so on. Its better to have unfilled jobs then unemployment.

This is a test area:

spark20130425061556.jpg

spark20130425061649.jpg

I still have the other half of the map to be able to build on.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
If you weren't aware, this game is all about traffic and how you manage the thick agents.

For example a good rule to follow is to pull a high density avenue of the highway and only have either your residential area on the left hand side or right. This way your residential commuters turn off the road sooner, freeing up the avenue. If you want industry have them come off the avenue after the residential do, so you don't get congestion with workers going too and from work.

Also start small and grow. I was 3 hours in with only about 20 houses and around 3-4 commercial.

If your after sky scrapers, build a small lot of residential, let it grow, then address there commercial needs. Once that is done, add your services like water, power, waste, rubbish, police, fire and health and just wait. They will increase density soon enough and then they might require more commercial, add it 1 lot at a time and keep increasing to max density on your res and comm. Try and place your commercial opposite your res, so the sims just have to walk across the road rather then drive.

Also if you have a university, edit the uni and build the "people path's" around your city as well, it helps pedestrians connect to different parts of roads etc speeding up there travel time.

Once you've done that, move onto your next lot and so on. Its better to have unfilled jobs then unemployment.

Thanks for the advice, i will try this :) in the end i wan't skyscrapers & Industry tech but atm making errors.

Caporegime
**** it uninstalling.

Since the patch whether I can make a successful city seems totally random even if I go about building it the exact same way , sometimes its stupidly succesful other times I struggle like hell to make money......

Soldato
Another great tip is for you to place your commercial across the road or next to your residential. This will cause shoppers to walk instead of drive to go shopping and helps reduce traffic. Also place industrial in small lots really close to the residential and commercial.

Also bare in mind that industrial at max density is enough for about 3-5k sims. So don't spam the hell out of them otherwise you'll have worker shortages. If they say they can't ship freight, place a trade depot and that will fix it.

I've found making a profitable city without specializations is quite easy. Pay a lot of attention to demands.

Build houses, then fully solve the commercial demand for the houses you have placed. If there is workers without jobs left over, place some industrial and let them soak up the rest of the jobs. Reducing taxes say on residential to get them to increase density fast, is quite a good idea, means commercial will always have enough shoppers. Then when say $ wealth sims are maxed, you can then tax them back up to around 10% and they will stay happy.

Then wait for the residential to expand and address as needed.

If you doing coal, ore, oil etc I'm sure most are aware, but place the trade depot directly opposite the specialization building so you have the shortest route.

Soldato
Is it worth playing yet?

Its a lot better, but still broken. Its worth playing as its fun until it breaks :p

Does traffic work?

Its a lot better then release, but still completely stupid. There is a great mod here

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/57562-car-crossover/

It allows cars to cross over the roads rather then having them U turn at intersections, which makes traffic flow loads better.

Do people have set homes/jobs

No and sadly never will, apparently the simulation wouldn't be performance acceptable if they all had set jobs and homes, so they made it this way. :eek:

Soldato
No and sadly never will, apparently the simulation wouldn't be performance acceptable if they all had set jobs and homes, so they made it this way. :eek:

I kinda figured that would be the case, its a shame they over hyped what an accurate simulation it was only for it to be like it is.

I think this is the first time I've been annoyed at not being able to re-sell a game, such an expensive turd.

Caporegime
that's just claptrap, it wouldn't be a massive performance hit at all.
it would however show the huge traffic flaw if they did.
and we all know the real reason for smaller maps they probably tested a large map and the AI traffic travelled in a huge swarm slowly filling the jobs and houses they come across

Back
Top Bottom