Skate 2

Caporegime
OP
I picked this up today, traded it for COD WAW and I am liking it but I am stuck at some part where I am supposed to get 400 points on a big pile of red books, I just can't find what trick I need to do to get those points, I tried grinding the book but it only gives me like 250 points.

If you're still stuck on this try flipping into a grind and flipping out (extra points for a complex flip e.g. laser flip, 360 flip, hardflip..

Associate
Lovin this game, even if I'm a little stuck.

I can't get past the two pro's "do 3 different flip tricks down the stairs" and the "3 differant grinds down the rails".

Grrr

Also the ABC

guess I need to be more inventive with my tricks

Soldato
:mad: my copy keeps crashing on the loading screen when I try to enter the Training Facility (GIRL).

Just freezes my whole xbox on the loading screen. Was looking forward to polishing it off aswell!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just so everyone knows, found out on Xbox forum that if you have 'Girl' as your sponsor, the game glitches when you go to the training facility, so if this happens, change your sponsor to something other than 'girl'.

:)

Associate
Played the demo of the first game when it came out and though i was impressed i never got round to getting it. Got the second yesterday and i think its pretty great so far, finding it difficult and frustrating but also very rewarding when i finally nail the trick or run ive just failed at ten times in a row. Just trying to get the hang of things before venturing into the mp game.

Associate
Reviewed this game for www.gamebrit.com. It's alright, but for a skateboarding game, its no better than the first.

You are quite, quite mad ;)

Each to their own :)

Ok, I just have a flick through your review:

An important change to each of these is that there are now no tasks that require specific tricks to complete.

This is incorrect, there are only a few occasions but none the less it still rears it's ugly head (The Nose/Tail slide one comes to mind!).

In general I'd say it doesn't feel like you've played it enough to give it a fair shake, I think all the new game play features (new tricks, bails etc) as well as robust online multiplayer add a great deal to the game. Yes the off board controls are terrible, yes the graphical quality is variable but I'm surprised how you can see the complete package as not a significant improvement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom