Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Phoned up again this morning, and after being told yesterday that there was nothing that could be done, was'nt expecting much.
However within 30 seconds they fixed my price for another 12 months @ £37.40

Guess it's the luck of the draw, on who answers the phone...
Happily pay that for 80/20 with a static IP.

Caporegime
Had an email about a line rental rise and call charges, lines going up by £1.59, the call charges don't matter to me, as i don't have a phone plugged in, no changes to my BB pricing, just mentions theres a new tech team :p

Last edited:
Soldato
got this from my postcode

1_zps35x6tung.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky keep emailing me saying my broadband offer is coming to an end and to check out their new offer which is 12 months half price Fibre (£10 a month) but then add "Sky Fibre Unlimited £10.00 for 12 months with £18.99 Sky Line Rental" in the collapsed t&c's.

My current offer (free line rental for 12 months, so just £20 a month for Fibre) doesn't expire until October and the new offer which I'm reading as £10 plus line rental is more expensive. Upcoming bills still show the line rental discount, feels like Sky are being a bit sneaky and trying to get me to let go of my existing offer.

Associate
So my cousin has had the third sr102 replacement and the wifi is pants. Sometimes cant connect or it loses connection. I have a HH5, can I use that as the main router? Couldnt get it to work in bridge mode.

Caporegime
Now this is AFAIK because I've never used a HH5, but I suspect the answer is no, you can't. There's likely nowhere to enter the relevant Sky details in the settings of the HH5.

Soldato
Just upgraded to a third party router from that bit of junk they call a router, well worth it.

If you thinking of getting the latest sky router save the extra and buy a descent router.

But remember it must support MER and you still need your sky username + password to connect to sky fibre.

Back
Top Bottom