Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
having further monitored it tonight, our internet speed seems to be jumping between 37.5 mb & 53mb every 5-10 mins, its strange that it is always these two speeds that it is jumping between (Our line has not disconnected once), just simply one minute we are receiving one speed and the next minute it will reduce to another.

Soldato
Are you getting any errors like collision packets on the Hub maintenance webpage under show statistics?

any use?
Untitled_zpsoa0qkfcf.png

Caporegime
Anyone have any probs after midnight last night (Nth East) ?

Was in bed watching the Tv, and noticed the internet light on the hub was totally off, thought it was odd, as when it goes down, the light just goes Orange, not off, so i fired my rig up just to have a look, and when it booted, it came up at the bottom, additional information required to log on, click here to open your browser (or something like that), but i just thought bugger it, i'll sort it out in the morning when i get up, might be fixed by then, so just went back to bed, and then a bit later, i noticed the light had come on, but was Orange, then a bit after that, it went totally off again, and then a bit later after that, it came on Orange again, before then going White, a bit later after that, so i fired my rig up again to check, and it was all fine, but it was odd, as it was like my line had totally gone.

Caporegime
Maybe they're doing some sort of regional upgrade or maintenance? I'm in the north west and had the same problem last week but it's been up for 10 days now so nothing happened last night.

Caporegime
Has anyone got this Sky Talk Shield working for their telephone line? I've seen adverts on the tele, got an email from Sky telling me it's easy to activate, etc. but when I go to the webpage and try to switch it on, I get a big message saying "NO YOU CAN'T! HAR-DE-HAR-HAR!" Well not really. But it is an error message saying I am not in a "Sky Network area". Any ideas what that's all about?

Caporegime
Has anyone got this Sky Talk Shield working for their telephone line? I've seen adverts on the tele, got an email from Sky telling me it's easy to activate, etc. but when I go to the webpage and try to switch it on, I get a big message saying "NO YOU CAN'T! HAR-DE-HAR-HAR!" Well not really. But it is an error message saying I am not in a "Sky Network area". Any ideas what that's all about?
Sorry just seen this. You need to be part of the 'Sky Voice and Broadband Network' and have all your services with Sky. Line rental, broadband and Talk services. Not everyone on Sky Fibre has thgeir talk services supplied via the SVBN, some are on WLR3, the BT network.

Soldato
Anyone got a number where I can actually talk to someone at sky?

Phone line has died so no broadband and all I get when calling support is this stupid text messaging support. Been over an hour and not even past confirming account details, it's ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom