Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
Ordered yesterday

my login details are not recognised

when i ordered the date was 24/08/2012, recieved a text today saying it will now be on the 30/08/2012 :mad:

On the bright side, the FTTC check website said i should be getting ~46mbps :)

Associate
I'm currently on 5Mb, my uplift is 11.69 :)

So estimated 58.45Mb.

I only went for the 40Mb with Sky so will get it :D

I have been holding off getting an SSD because downloading my games again will take an age, but with 40Mb down, shouldn't take too long at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I already get on LLU;

Connection Speed 22013 kbps 1157 kbps
Line Attenuation 4.0 dB 4.9 dB
Noise Margin 6.3 dB 8.6 dB

sky that is cannot get fibre to date as I am only connected directly to the telephone exchange, not a cabinet. other people are connected to cabinets then exchange are getting fibre,

still 7.50 a month not to bad I suppose.

Kenneth

PS getting 2.1 MB/s on most downloads :)
Gaming get a 33ms ping.

Soldato
Agreed.
£7.50 is great value for money if you can get 20MBit/sec+.

I was getting around 4.5MBit/s and paying £13/month, which is why I switched to FTTC.

Im with O2 getting approx 14Mbit for £13, getting sky fibre tomorrow. The North Wembley exchange has been enabled for probably 2 years now, im sure my cab is one of the last ones to be done! I cant wait

Caporegime
I've had enough of Virgin's connection management and throttling and contemplating switching ISP.

Not to mention our fibre cabinet is sat on the bend of an accident blackspot. 3 Times now people have crashed into it and taken the thing out resulting in us being without phone or internet for days, all without any sort of compensation as its "not their fault"

According to BT infinity i can expect around 60mb downstream. Does that mean i should be able to order the Sky Unlimited Fibre Pro 80/20 package ?

I've looked on the net, but i appear to have to ring to order it ?

Lastly, i get TV from sky, but nothing else. Is there any offers or anything i can use when ordering ?

Soldato
I've had enough of Virgin's connection management and throttling and contemplating switching ISP.

Not to mention our fibre cabinet is sat on the bend of an accident blackspot. 3 Times now people have crashed into it and taken the thing out resulting in us being without phone or internet for days, all without any sort of compensation as its "not their fault"

According to BT infinity i can expect around 60mb downstream. Does that mean i should be able to order the Sky Unlimited Fibre Pro 80/20 package ?

I've looked on the net, but i appear to have to ring to order it ?

Lastly, i get TV from sky, but nothing else. Is there any offers or anything i can use when ordering ?

Order through quidco for the standard package to get cashback. You will have to move your phoneline over too. If you want the 80/20 package then ring up after you have been connected to see if they can upgrade you.

Soldato
I'm moving house and I'm after Sky fibre, I know it's already in the area but when I check distance from exchange I get the below?

I'm not aware that I am moving into the exchange! :D Checked a few other postcodes in the area and the website seems to be working OK, this is Stotfold in Hertfordshire

x41bq0.png

Soldato

Oh I see so maybe only the LLU packages are available to me and not the fibre packages ..

Will check thanks ;)

Postcode checker from that link states:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your postcode indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Note: Provision of some services may not be allowed due to product withdrawal, please contact your service provider for further details.

Sky broadband checker has the below: Which looks good :)

efgr60.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom