Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Doofer.

If there is a fault on the line, then the repair work will have to be done by OR as they look after the infrastructure.

As for the rain thing, when the line leaves your house, does it head underground or does it head to a pole and then onto the cabinet? Sounds like there is a nasty amount of water ingress going on somewhere along the line that is really affecting you. Do any of your neighbours have issues with their telecomms or is it only you?

Soldato
Doofer.

If there is a fault on the line, then the repair work will have to be done by OR as they look after the infrastructure.

As for the rain thing, when the line leaves your house, does it head underground or does it head to a pole and then onto the cabinet? Sounds like there is a nasty amount of water ingress going on somewhere along the line that is really affecting you. Do any of your neighbours have issues with their telecomms or is it only you?

These problems have gone on for years, BT/OR always claimed they can find no fault, then there would be a fault, they'd say they'd fixed it and the line would be still dead. I was hoping to avoid the whole frustrations of BT/OR and their inept CS, I should've just ripped all the old stuff out and not listened to the guy here who said not to, I'd have had a new line then! :mad:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
KIA, just a quick question - am i better waiting past the 10 day DLM period before hacking the modem? As it would need turning off the modem - can it affect my speed? I guess im in no real rush anyway but would like to know :)

No need to wait. Power cycle the modem as little as possible, if you can help it.

Thanks. They already provide fibre at addresses near to me from the same exchange. Does this still apply?

Ah! You should be able to order Sky FTTC as soon as the cab goes live, as long as it's served by the same exchange.

Soldato
No need to wait. Power cycle the modem as little as possible, if you can help it.

Thanks for the info KIA. Unlocked, QOS off, download has improved, upload too :)

2121270283.png

Soldato
I have run a few speed tests and yes it has gone up slightly - downloads have gone from 4.48MB/s to 4.5MB/s, which is in keeping with the increase i presume

That's an almost insignificant increase, which in real world use, you wouldnt even notice.

In general, you should expect to get around 37-39Mbit/s (actual download speed).

Soldato
That's an almost insignificant increase, which in real world use, you wouldnt even notice.

In general, you should expect to get around 37-39Mbit/s (actual download speed).

Fair enough. Just contemplating going to the Pro package as my max attainable is about 76Mbps :)

Soldato
Anyone else order via Quidco recently at £95 cashback?

Mine has just tracked at £70 and when I try to send a message via Quidcare, according to the dropdown box where you select the retailer, it thinks I made the purchase through 'Sky Digital TV and Broadband' rather than 'Sky Digital Upgrades.'

I definitely went through the upgrade page as I've checked my browser history which I cleared before making the purchase.

-edit- has anyone had £95 tracked who previously only had Sky TV but broadband was from another ISP?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wish they would hurry up here in Rochale

Fibre has had presence from BT/PlusNet/Talk Talk for a while now, but no offering from Sky...

Spoke to a disinterested Advisor from the Sky Fibre Team, who couldn't tell me whether or not the service is actually available here, used up all the ports or...I asked are there any Sky Fibre customers in Rochdale..'dunnoooooo'

I requested to speak to someone above this goon, 'tere is no one above me...'

:mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom