Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
Fair enough, it looks pretty obvious you need one then. That box for me was green when i ordered it, i did call sky to confirm whether they needed the MAC and they said they did not.

With regards to the phone line - my service was to be activated on the same date as my install date. Very odd indeed.

It could be that not providing the MAC has delayed the changeover. Also for the pedants like me, did you notice that they want a MAC code? So they want a Migration Authorisation Code code. I'll give them a call once I get the code code and ask them about the dates.

Soldato
It could be that not providing the MAC has delayed the changeover. Also for the pedants like me, did you notice that they want a MAC code? So they want a Migration Authorisation Code code. I'll give them a call once I get the code code and ask them about the dates.

Yeh best to ring them once you have it - hopefully it wont screw things up for you.

Soldato
Yeh best to ring them once you have it - hopefully it wont screw things up for you.

Will do. I'm not too concerned whether it's delayed for a few days as long as the change goes without a hitch. I've had bad experience changing phone providers and ISPs in the past, all of them due to my telephone number originally being provided by Telewest years ago.

BuZ

BuZ

Associate
BT Infinity or Sky Fibre?!? Now I've got some contest going on for when I decide to switch from Virgin. Also Talk-Talk are fibre/going fibre. I am confused on what to get. :/ Hmm, I'll do some more research on them and try to add up and select the best. I'm still stuck with Fibre via Virgin. I am thinking of switching to Phone-line LLU because I can get around 14-16Mb/s; I am roughly 900metres from the exchange near to 1KM.

On the long run I am very worried if I switch from my current 10Mb/s Virgin (Which is slow, but it is reliable). I need at least 30Mb/s, but Virgin is useless and oversubscribed.

Soldato
I can't comment on Virgin. But BT Infinity is certainly not "trash".
Their basic FTCC package is cheaper than SKY's, though they do throttle P2P downloads. If you have no intention to do P2P downloading, then I would prefer to go with BT (lower cost).

Correct me if I am wrong.

Soldato
If you have no intention to do P2P downloading, then I would prefer to go with BT (lower cost).

I dont use P2P services but i wouldnt go with BT purely because they have policies that limit their users.

I would rather pay a little more and support an ISP that offers a truly unlimited service :)

Soldato
Can anyone please confirm whether Sky Fibre will work if the telephone line is still with BT? Reason I ask is that my Fibre is going to be installed on 31st August and the phone line is to be transferred to Sky on 3rd September. Sky CS said that it will work but I've had enough experience of them to know to double check these things.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Can anyone please confirm whether Sky Fibre will work if the telephone line is still with BT? Reason I ask is that my Fibre is going to be installed on 31st August and the phone line is to be transferred to Sky on 3rd September. Sky CS said that it will work but I've had enough experience of them to know to double check these things.

Yes, it should work.

Back
Top Bottom