Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
So I rung sky today as I found out that fibre is now enabled at my exchange.

I went straight through to detentions and the best they could offer me was to just waive the activation fee the cheeky gits!!! That's after being with them for 5 years too.

Question is has anyone managed to blah unlimited fibre pro off them for the same price for just unlimited fibre (I.e. £20)???

Working it all out I have basic tv, and unlimited phone calls which costs 36 quid a month. I currently have normal adsl unlimited broadband with them and it costs only an extra 7.50 (I get 19mb download speed at mo just being 500yds away from the exchange)

For me to move up to just the unlimited fibre service thats an extra 12.50 on top of what I'm already paying but brings the total to nearly 60quod a month!!!!

Looking at virgin I can get a medium tv service with TiVo, unlimited calls and 100mb broadband for a pound more!!!!!

I've already given my 31days notice now as the retentions guy was a waste of time and space, can't believe all he could offer me was to waive the activation fee when colleagues of mine get half line rental deals and loads more when they threaten to leave!!!

I'm very disappointed with sky, and even mentioned that every two years my broadband line has to go through a routine fix which costs me allot of time (and money due to time off work) as my speeds always start to drop after bad weather......

Soldato
This is the problem with using telephone lines. Reliability is always an issue and the reason why I'm probably gunna go over to virgin. At least they have a steady speed for about the same price as the fibre packages. £30 for 70mb per month as opposed to 100mb for £35........

Soldato
Sky messing me about and cancelling my order. They said that the telephone line needs to be with Sky before the Sky Fibre part of the order goes ahead. Now they can't organise the Fibre to be installed before 3rd September so it's going to be at least 2 weeks after that before Fibre is installed. They are the people who organised the dates!!

Can people that had Sky Fibre working whilst their line was with BT please tell me how long the line was with BT with Sky Fibre working before their telephone line changed to Sky?

Soldato
Sky messing me about and cancelling my order. They said that the telephone line needs to be with Sky before the Sky Fibre part of the order goes ahead. Now they can't organise the Fibre to be installed before 3rd September so it's going to be at least 2 weeks after that before Fibre is installed.

Can people that had Sky Fibre working whilst their line was with BT please tell me how long the line was with BT with Sky Fibre working before their telephone line changed to Sky?

It took probably a good 6 hours before it got moved to sky, the fibre was running in the morning, but telephone line was only active from the evening onwards

Soldato
I've never used a different modem, don't think any one has (or had the need to?)

Generally just swapping the router. No reason why a different modem wouldn't work, the router does all the hard work.

Soldato
A 2in1 modem/router solution would need to support Sky's authentication method.

From my initial reading before i chose sky, i believe there is the Billion 8200n and a draytek that support vdsl

and i believe they have firmwares that can talk to the sky authentication servers

(this was just from a short reading exercise before i ordered sky fibre so dont take my word for it)

Associate
Well lost my connection totally overnight. After a call to sky it looks like the modem is knackered and this could have also been causing my slow speeds. Have to wait 2 days for a Bt call out now. Hope they refund me for 2 days of lost service.

Back
Top Bottom