*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
No reminders
Did I miss some kind of offer on last month? My BT contract runs out this month, so last month I priced up replacing everything with Sky, including broadband. Sky Q package I got a quote on totalled about £65 all in. Fast forward to now and when I re run the same quote it's nearly coming in at £100. Crazy increase, so guessing I was unlucky enough to be getting quotes during a special offer promotion. If so, how often do sky offer discounts? Really want to get shut of BT now.
Half price for 18 months if you send me a trust message?

Soldato
We phoned up Sky a couple of months ago and was offered

2TB SkyQ
SkyQ Mini Multiroom
All Channels inc Movies and Sports
Sports HD Pack (this is an added extra)
80mb Broadband
Phone Line with Evenings and Weekend Calls

£87 a month

Think we got a credit added to the first bill as well

Associate
We phoned up Sky a couple of months ago and was offered

2TB SkyQ
SkyQ Mini Multiroom
All Channels inc Movies and Sports
Sports HD Pack (this is an added extra)
80mb Broadband
Phone Line with Evenings and Weekend Calls

£87 a month

Think we got a credit added to the first bill as well
Any install fees with that deal?

Associate
Had the Sky Q install earlier today, spent the rest of the day playing around with the different menus that are essentially the same but different if that makes sense! Really like the setup and how neat and small the boxes are, before the install I did have concerns over latency issues on the multiroom box, but it all seems to work fine & the installer didn't have any issues with using Ethernet.

Downloaded a few UDH movies that seem to download at around 40Mb/Sec (connected at 70Mb/sec) and the picture is stunning, one of my biggest worries was how compressed the pictures would be, but it's hardly noticeable in comparison with 4k Blu-Ray's. Now just need to wait for some live UDH sport (mainly F1) to see how good it is.

Man of Honour
I don't know which version my mini is on, but it seems to power on each time without fail now rather than having to pull the plug. That said, I had to pull the plug on the 2TB last week.

Associate
I've got BT sport on the main Sky Q box, how do I go about adding it to the mini multi room box? As there isn't a viewing card I'm not sure how it would work.

Associate
Done - it took a bit of research from BT as the guy I spoke to explained he didn't know how to set it up and said he was looking on Google for an answer! He couldn't understand why the viewing card number was the same on the mini box, in the end I got put on hold and he checked with his manager, it was then added to my account. It's an extra £6 BTW.

Associate
I actually dont get how people get these good deals or prices.

Im with Virgin atm, 58 quid for 100mb, phone line and XL TV (the pack you get BT Sports with). I have the Tivo box with that.

I think its a decent deal so Sky probably cant come near it, but im out of contract in a months time, so I like having options.

I talk to Sky online, 40mb Fibre, Variety TV pack in HD, Sky Q Box and a phone line - 70 quid. I didnt even ask if I had to pay to install it, and the lad on the chat even had the gall to state its a better deal than I get as if I want sports, they sometimes have a deal that I can add at half price! Basically a worse package at a higher price!

Yet everyone else seems to get Sky to pay them for the service :D

EDIT - And I dont get a free TV or tablet or whatever they often offer. Looks like im stuck with VM for a bit longer.

Soldato
Hey humanlaptop.

Go to a stand in your local shopping centre.

Right now, box sets bundle, with line rental and up to 40 meg fibre for £35.

That's with 1 Q box. Offer ends tomorrow night.

Associate
Hey humanlaptop.

Go to a stand in your local shopping centre.

Right now, box sets bundle, with line rental and up to 40 meg fibre for £35.

That's with 1 Q box. Offer ends tomorrow night.

That sounds good, not sure we have one locally and as ive a broken arm, so its a bus journey for a punt :(

Thanks for sharing though, ill ask around if we have one ill make the trip.

Associate
I have half price TV fir eighteen months if you like? No discounts on fibre at the moment.

Thanks, I think thats what this lad said he put on, so i doubt its any different.

Im in a bad loop it appears in terms of my contract running out.... if I was nearer Black Friday id go to Sky, but im in a April/May annual cycle and theres never a deal on at this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom