*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Yes this is changing
@DBT85 Sky F1 is only UHD when transmitting FIA broadcasts. Sky programs are only HD I believe.
Sky sports is changing to individual sport channels which I suspect may be purchased separately.
Andi.
on the 16th I believe, £18 for one channel, £22 for 2 and £26 for 3. For everything its staying at £27.50.

Those are the numbers from the daily fail.

Soldato
Still terrible value imo
I suppose it depends what you want. If you want PL football then £18 isn't too bad as you know its costing them a bomb.

If you want Gnat wrestling however yeah, its not good.

I don;t actually know if this new shakeup includes the HD charge or not of if they are finally getting with 2017 and getting rid

Soldato
But unless I'm mistaken, you still can't just subscribe to sports only, and HD requires the Box Sets + HD upgrade?
agree their stupid web site only shows the sport HD pack £6 if you select box sets.

description of the new channels is not very clear either, which channels carry which sports (ie which channels show any rugby or cricket)
[have to wait for 3rd party sites to update their often clearer interpretation of what costs what]

Caporegime
Although the NowTV boxes will support full 1080p content, Sky will only broadcast Now TV in 720p, and they have said there are no plans in place to start streaming in full 1080HD or higher.

Obviously as Sky run Now TV, I doubt they will ever make it better than, or even equal to their main Sky box broadcasts as they would be shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.

You want cheap you get low quality, you want better quality then pay for it, would quite obviously be the companies standpoint, as they are in it to make money after all.

Man of Honour
It's not even high bitrate, for 720p it looks terrible. I've tried it on my PS4 and on another device, both as bad as each other. Frustrating really.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It's not even high bitrate, for 720p it looks terrible. I've tried it on my PS4 and on another device, both as bad as each other. Frustrating really.

Deliberate though and for good reason to be fair. If it was excellent, then you have already said that you would consider dropping your premium sky service :p

Man of Honour
Deliberate though and for good reason to be fair. If it was excellent, then you have already said that you would consider dropping your premium sky service :p
Absolutely. I barely watch the F1 any more, so it's only really the odd premier league game that's on that I watch. Most of the games are on BT Sport as is the Rugby.

Soldato
since he is in the boonies sat is only answer - so I guess nowtv is academic

nowtv for live channels is SD (576) not even the 720p for catch-up (does catchup include sport though?)
as Chrisd said bitrate is important, sky/netflix 4k is, after all, subjectively/avforums only like 1080p blue-ray with bitrate used.

nowtv for box sets, is fine, personally, providing you get the top tier of the adaptive bitrates; the upscaling quality on the tv could come into play too,
if, with external streamer, you are letting tv do it.
(I need to try nowtv on a PC as I understand this would avoid and 50->60hz juderring on roku/nowtv box - nowtv thread)

Caporegime
Absolutely. I barely watch the F1 any more, so it's only really the odd premier league game that's on that I watch. Most of the games are on BT Sport as is the Rugby.
Most of the games? Even if you're only talking Premier League Sky have the occasional Friday night game, Saturday lunch time, Sunday and Monday? BT Sport have one match a weekend with the occasional midweek game as with Sky. Sure BT have Bundesliga and Ligue 1 but they're nowhere near as competitive as the PL.

Man of Honour
Most of the games? Even if you're only talking Premier League Sky have the occasional Friday night game, Saturday lunch time, Sunday and Monday? BT Sport have one match a weekend with the occasional midweek game as with Sky. Sure BT have Bundesliga and Ligue 1 but they're nowhere near as competitive as the PL.
I only really watch the Man Utd games and whether it's actually the case or not, most seem to have been shown on BT Sport.

Back
Top Bottom