*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Got the new epg update this morning Q070.000.33.00L ... home button order has been moved around a bit ...still playing with it at moment

Spotify been added .. but no HDR or Netflix yet . Rolls out later in year I've just read

Associate
I've currentlty got Sky+HD still, with multi-room. I commute and work away from home and have a PS4 there. I use the Sky Go app on the PS4 to stream boxsets. If i upgrade to Sky Q, how can I retain this funtionality? Would i still need to pay for mutil-screen or Sky go extra, or....? Ideally, at home we'd like to get down to one main box and dont particularly need a mini box for multi-screen, but would i need this to get the equivalent of Sky Go/Extra so i can stream PS4 away from home? Thanks.

Soldato
Just a quick question. I'm moving house soon, and the people who currently live with me will be keeping the Sky Q subscription so I'll have to subscribe myself.

I'm looking at the pricing, and it seems OK. £40 a month for Sky Sports and Sky Entertainment but it is an 18-month contract. What happens if I move during that period? Is it just a new installation fee to get the satellite dish installed or do you have to pay a fee or something?

In fact, since I'm moving into a flat, I'm not even sure if the landlord will allow me to have a satellite dish installed. I'd have to ask. If I were not, I guess my only choice would be Virgin Media.

Soldato
Has anyone experienced audio dropping out on their Sky Q min boxes since the upgrade?

All I can do it power off the box and power on to fix it... This is in the inlaws annex but the mini q in our bedroom seems to be fine

Might call Sky if it carrys on

Associate
Does Sky Q setup multiple Vlans? Since changing to UniFi gear I've noticed on the network port the main box connects to there is two other MAC addresses on that port that haven't been assigned an IP address. Seems a bit strange, I'm wondering if these are reserved for connection to the Sky router or potential future devices.

Caporegime
Still waiting for the latest update to be pushed to my boxes, forcing update keeps it at the same version.

From how I understand it, the so called "forcing" an update does not actually do anything.

You will never get the update until sky roll it to your boxes.

Soldato
From how I understand it, the so called "forcing" an update does not actually do anything.

You will never get the update until sky roll it to your boxes.

Shame on the pre Q boxes you could force it to update to the latest version, on the Q box it'll say it's found an update and will install it on standby but it keeps the same version number for me currently.

Caporegime
Shame on the pre Q boxes you could force it to update to the latest version, on the Q box it'll say it's found an update and will install it on standby but it keeps the same version number for me currently.
The download stream is purposely kept at a known stable version in case there's an unforeseen issue with the new software. It's known as the Dr stream. Disaster recovery.

Man of Honour
Does Sky Q setup multiple Vlans? Since changing to UniFi gear I've noticed on the network port the main box connects to there is two other MAC addresses on that port that haven't been assigned an IP address. Seems a bit strange, I'm wondering if these are reserved for connection to the Sky router or potential future devices.
No, it uses virtual interfaces.

Back
Top Bottom