*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Ah, got to this a bit late, but I also have the UE55JS9000 TV and all works funky-dory.
Sorry to hear you got the wrong box :( FWIW, when all sorted, the TV is great for Q's 4K content :D

Hi,
thanks for that - at least I will have something to look forward too when it is sorted. Still waiting for the original installer to get back to me regarding the swap out of boxes. Oh well - Patience.

Mark

Update: After many phone calls to the installer have finally got a date for them to swap the boxes over next Tuesday - fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds a little like a friend of mine's experience.

She ordered Sky Q not Sky Q Multi screen, so was annoyed when installer arrived set it all up and it didn't have UHD support.

Also took a awhile to sort it out with Sky over the phone, ended up having to pay the difference as it was her mistake in not ordering multi screen in the first place.

Soldato
I don't understand the new setup,

why do you need a multi room subscription to add 4k ?
on top you also need to pay extra to get a 2tb box which is also needed to get 4k which you cant even keep at the end of the contact, its worse then when hd came to sky, atleast at that point you only needed a box and you could keep it.

does Q need a different setup (dish, cabling, ext)?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand the new setup,

why do you need a multi room subscription to add 4k ?
on top you also need to pay extra to get a 2tb box which is also needed to get 4k which you cant even keep at the end of the contact, its worse then when hd came to sky, atleast at that point you only needed a box and you could keep it.

does Q need a diffrent setup (dish, cabling, ext)?

Sky cutting costs and increasing profits as well I suspect - still you take it or leave it I suppose. It seems a good package but expensive really overall.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I dont want multi screen but they insist on adding it for an extra 12 quid a month when I try to upgrade online..and theres no way to remove it from the basket!

just want bog standard sky Q with the 43 quid package

Soldato
If you want UHD then you must take the 2TB box which comes with a single mini box with it.

This.

It's not that UHD requires multi-room, just that the Silver subscription happens to include both.

I'm sure there are people who only want UHD and not additional mini boxes for other rooms and feel they could save money if such an option was offered but that's exactly why it isn't. Sky bundle them together to make money, just as they bundle channels together, otherwise everyone would cherry pick the few channels they want and leave out the others.

Soldato
What's the lowest people are paying for q now anyway? My deal runs out in December so may upgrade then, do you lose access to current box tonight away?

Well, i rang sky today to negotiate my way to SkyQ. At the moment i have a 2tb hd box and the legacy hd bundle (including F1) for £25 a month with 50% off. After a lot of waffle from the guy on the phone i will now have SkyQ silver plus Sky Cinama and keep the F1 for £38 per month plus a one off fee of £90. I'm happy with that. It's a 12 month contract, so i will no doubt be doing the usual cancel and wait in 12 months time.

Soldato
I dont want multi screen but they insist on adding it for an extra 12 quid a month when I try to upgrade online..and theres no way to remove it from the basket!

just want bog standard sky Q with the 43 quid package

Anyone upgrading from HD+ has to take MS subscription, doesn't matter if it is a 1 or 2 TB box you order.

Soldato
Anyone upgrading from HD+ has to take MS subscription, doesn't matter if it is a 1 or 2 TB box you order.

There's no such thing as "multiscreen" with Sky Q. The Silver package supports the mini boxes which effectively provide the same functionality as the old multiscreen option did with separate boxes, with various pros and cons.

All Silver boxes are 2TB.

Soldato
There's no such thing as "multiscreen" with Sky Q. The Silver package supports the mini boxes which effectively provide the same functionality as the old multiscreen option did with separate boxes, with various pros and cons.

Yes there is..

You get q/Multiscreen, which you need to have if you want an additional mini q or the UHD services.

Trust me I know what I am talking about...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Nope - all the packages changed yesterday. No such thing as sky q silver anymore.

Associate
So now that Sky Q is the default option with no added cost what about people who currently have sky+ HD and want the 1tb Q box?

It seems when you click upgrade on their site the only option available is to pay an extra £12 multi room which i don't need or want.

Would happily pay £15 for the new box though and new subscribers can get this without being forced to take multi-room so why force existing customers to upgrade with it?!

Currently have 4 months free box set bundle without a contract ,looks like people will be forced to cancel and resub to avoid the multiscreen bundle.

Maybe a threat of cancellation will get me one sent out ;)

Back
Top Bottom