Sky Stream - Launches *NOW* (post #1 for pricing / page #5 for pics)

Associate
Go on give us a breakdown and evaluation.
I’m probably the wrong person for this, seems nice and responsive at least.

I did note that not having a channel +/- button is annoying on the guide as you can’t flick down whole pages at once.

I’ll barely use it will ask My other halves opinion after a few days to see how she likes it compared to Q which we had before moving.

Soldato
OP
I did note that not having a channel +/- button is annoying on the guide as you can’t flick down whole pages at once.

That is a bit annoying actually. I know they are forcing/enticing everyone to use voice commands, but I hate talking to damn computers. It's not like star trek.

Last edited:
Associate
I signed up today as a new customer in the Meadowhall store, only had to pay £20 upfront so that’s nice. They don’t have the stream puck in store so it’s being delivered. Will be quite amusing if we all get it before TheOracle after he let us all know how to get it haha

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right keep this to yourself everyone, no posting on other forums. Not sure if it's a bug, but I've noticed I have all the channels on the sky go app. Sky Sports, BT Sports, Eurosports, Kids etc etc

Permabanned
I’m dying to see if the family sharing works across households lol.

It’s a very cheap bill of 5 people chip in. I wonder if you use sky go to get all the channels if you are a family account on sky stream.

Or maybe they going to get rid of sky go in favour of sky stream.

Soldato
OP
I’m dying to see if the family sharing works across households lol.

It’s a very cheap bill of 5 people chip in. I wonder if you use sky go to get all the channels if you are a family account on sky stream.

Or maybe they going to get rid of sky go in favour of sky stream.

Sky go is still the mobile app for sky stream. I don't think they are making a new one. My parents are on holiday at the minute, but once they get back I'll try it.

Thinking about it, worst case they buy an appleTV and use the skygo app on it. It's still better than NowTV as it has more channels.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quickly download it all before they close the bug.

SHHH you scare da wabbits.
You get all the channels as a teaser, once your sub has been activated it will revert to your subscription level..
Right keep this to yourself everyone, no posting on other forums. Not sure if it's a bug, but I've noticed I have all the channels on the sky go app. Sky Sports, BT Sports, Eurosports, Kids etc etc

Soldato
OP
IT'S ARRIVED!!!!! Good old Sarah from DPD came just before 11am

Little gotcha....the remote only works in IR whilst you get setup. It then changes to WiFi. Since I'd installed the box behind the TV, I thought the remote was dead lol

Box is very fast, nice and smooth. It's got all the apps (Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple, Paramount).

Your sky account is hardcoded to the box at sky. There's no account options to signout/signin.
Remote is backlit, nice!
WiFi did not pick up my 5ghz band, so connected to 2.4ghz. Maybe due to distance?

OpMayZO.jpg

VN8UtX9.jpg

APOwU0d.jpg

RFWiW7b.jpg

eeyg2D3.jpg

A3W4wjk.jpg

3qhqKW3.jpg

ITo5KJe.jpg

LohO0kp.jpg

RZZ48RK.jpg

zUCAThm.jpg

Last edited: