*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
My sky TV contract is about to finish and was researching when I came across this forum. Would like the thoughts of people here.

Currently paying £30 a month for everything thing on sky (sports, movies, HD, box sets.. Pretty much everything). Had this for the past 2.5 years. Initially on a 12 month contract which they extended for another 18 months.

I technically only really need sports and the sky entertainment package in HD. They are now offering just this for £36 on 18 month contract.
Entertainment - £20
Sports - £15 (free sports HD)
HD on anothers - £1

This is still higher than what I used to pay after having cut out a lot of stuff that I had before and can't bring myself to justify paying more for less. I know was on a great deal but still...

Any thoughts or tips in dealing with sky?
I was with them paying far to much each month then got the firestick and can see everything on it that sky shows for free so if I was you leave sky and they will try to make a deal to get you to stay but dont take it not even there broadband I went with talktalk £25 a month for fibre

Soldato
Took a deal with Sky on 21st for SkyQ 2Tb, Entertainment, box sets, kids, Sky Sports and Cinema and broadband/phone (not anytime). Then realised at £98pm it wasn't that good a deal so I have cancelled under the cooling off 14 day period and got a new deal with Virgin, VIP package @ £86pm (was paying £90, got £50 credit and no price increase.) which includes BT Sport UHD and it saves a lot of hassle not having to switch. Two V6 boxes and virgins fastest broadband/ anytime phone, I almost had a moment of madness going back to sky on that deal, guy said it was the best he could do!

Caporegime
Took a deal with Sky on 21st for SkyQ 2Tb, Entertainment, box sets, kids, Sky Sports and Cinema and broadband/phone (not anytime). Then realised at £98pm it wasn't that good a deal so I have cancelled under the cooling off 14 day period and got a new deal with Virgin, VIP package @ £86pm (was paying £90, got £50 credit and no price increase.) which includes BT Sport UHD and it saves a lot of hassle not having to switch. Two V6 boxes and virgins fastest broadband/ anytime phone, I almost had a moment of madness going back to sky on that deal, guy said it was the best he could do!
Could have done you full TV package for £45?

Soldato
Dropped the ball this month and just realised my bill has gone from £88 to £128!!! (Started off at £52)
I can't get through via the webchat, I'm guessing I have to call them?
Might go BBand only if I can get a good deal, i use Plex a lot and the upload is (for the UK) good with Sky.

22 Sep – 21 Oct
TV
£95.50
Box Sets
£39.50
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£28.00
Sky Cinema
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
£6.00
HD Basic
FREE
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Sky 3D
FREE
Broadband & Talk
£33.99
Sky Pay As You Talk
FREE
Sky Fibre Max
Including discounts
£15.00
Sky WiFi
FREE
Sky Talk Line Rental
£18.99
Bill total £129.49

Caporegime
Dropped the ball this month and just realised my bill has gone from £88 to £128!!! (Started off at £52)
I can't get through via the webchat, I'm guessing I have to call them?
Might go BBand only if I can get a good deal, i use Plex a lot and the upload is (for the UK) good with Sky.

22 Sep – 21 Oct
TV
£95.50
Box Sets
£39.50
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£28.00
Sky Cinema
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
£6.00
HD Basic
FREE
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Sky 3D
FREE
Broadband & Talk
£33.99
Sky Pay As You Talk
FREE
Sky Fibre Max
Including discounts
£15.00
Sky WiFi
FREE
Sky Talk Line Rental
£18.99
Bill total £129.49
So you should be able to reduce that fairly simply even without any major discounting. Sky Sports can be had for £22 including Sports HD, Box Sets for £25 if changing to Entertainment, £30 if you want it in HD. too. Instant £20 or so saving.

Soldato
So you should be able to reduce that fairly simply even without any major discounting. Sky Sports can be had for £22 including Sports HD, Box Sets for £25 if changing to Entertainment, £30 if you want it in HD. too. Instant £20 or so saving.

Cheer but I'm not willing to spend £100, as much as I like Sky Q it's not worth that, do you think it'll be possible to get Broadband & Talk for £33.99 on its own?

Caporegime
Cheer but I'm not willing to spend £100, as much as I like Sky Q it's not worth that, do you think it'll be possible to get Broadband & Talk for £33.99 on its own?

Should be yeah. Current offer for new and existing customers is £13.99 off so £25 for Fibre Unlimited and £30 for Fibre max including line rental.

Soldato
do you think it'll be possible to get Broadband & Talk for £33.99 on its own?
from the nowtv discussion thread you can get unlimited fibre / landline and even nowtv(ent+movies) for sub £30 with nowtv.
I am unclear if the nowtv fibre service will be identical to a sky customer since nowtv is a part of sky conglomerate

Caporegime
from the nowtv discussion thread you can get unlimited fibre / landline and even nowtv(ent+movies) for sub £30 with nowtv.
I am unclear if the nowtv fibre service will be identical to a sky customer since nowtv is a part of sky conglomerate
other than the support it's identical AFAIK. Only get the Hub 2 branded as NowTV though, not a hub 3/Q Hub.

Soldato
Cheers, I'll call Sky tomorrow and see what I can get, my initial thoughts are "£30 for Fibre max including line rental" will be OK, happy with the Sky Q router and speeds, I get a constant 60+ download and pretty close to 20 upload...that said any idea how much basic TV would be on top of the BBand?

Caporegime
Cheers, I'll call Sky tomorrow and see what I can get, my initial thoughts are "£30 for Fibre max including line rental" will be OK, happy with the Sky Q router and speeds, I get a constant 60+ download and pretty close to 20 upload...that said any idea how much basic TV would be on top of the BBand?
basic Entertainment pack is £25 or £20 with an 18m recontract. HD is £5 on top standard price.

Soldato
other than the support it's identical AFAIK. Only get the Hub 2 branded as NowTV though, not a hub 3/Q Hub.
That’s the only reason why I won’t come back to sky fibre as the Qhub is quite possibly the worst fibre router I have ever come across and if you have the audacity to your own sky won’t do a thing to help even if the problem is exchange related

Caporegime
That’s the only reason why I won’t come back to sky fibre as the Qhub is quite possibly the worst fibre router I have ever come across and if you have the audacity to your own sky won’t do a thing to help even if the problem is exchange related
Not entirely sure, we'd certainly try to run a test but a lot of our systems now talk to the Router and this wouldn't be possible without a Sky Hub. And the T's and C's do state that we don't guarantee any non-sky supplied equipment will work.

Soldato
Not entirely sure, we'd certainly try to run a test but a lot of our systems now talk to the Router and this wouldn't be possible without a Sky Hub. And the T's and C's do state that we don't guarantee any non-sky supplied equipment will work.
I would have no problem using skys equipment if it weren’t so bad, I mean 2 ports in this day an age come on lol

Soldato
I won’t come back to sky fibre as the Qhub is quite possibly the worst fibre router
I would have no problem using skys equipment if it weren’t so bad, I mean 2 ports in this day an age come on lol
but you can just use the modem functionality ? and plug&play you're own superior (wireless)router eg virgin superhub.
It does not seem unreasonable if you haved to revert to the Qhub when line diagnostics are required (plusnet demand the same)

[
other than the support it's identical AFAIK. Only get the Hub 2 branded as NowTV though, not a hub 3/Q Hub
thanks i did not know they were that close ]

Soldato
Should be yeah. Current offer for new and existing customers is £13.99 off so £25 for Fibre Unlimited and £30 for Fibre max including line rental.

Sky would not give me the deal above...any reason for this? (I'd cancelled TV but wanted to keep BBand with the terms above, ended up cancelling everything)

Cheers

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sky would not give me the deal above...any reason for this? (I'd cancelled TV but wanted to keep BBand with the terms above, ended up cancelling everything)

Cheers

Not sure, did they do all your cancellations in one go or did you speak to different departments for Broadband and TV? @superdumper is more up to date on offers for treasonous people. ;)

Caporegime
When Sky looked at the usage something like 95% of people had two or fewer Ethernet connected devices and something like 60% didn't use Ethernet at all. The next Hub is going back to four though.

Back
Top Bottom