*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
FB messenger will be a bot, a very good one, sometimes indistinguishable. You’d be far better calling.
There are some bot's for initial responses but eventually everyone you get through to is a God honest human. Just remember it's not a live chat service so you may not get an immediate response.

Caporegime
There are some bot's for initial responses but eventually everyone you get through to is a God honest human. Just remember it's not a live chat service so you may not get an immediate response.
No problems with any of the CSAs I've spoken to, but they just couldn't offer me anything other than a slightly worse deal than the new customer offers on the website.

So cancelled now and waiting to see what happens. Been with Sky 12 years almost and never cancelled before; the CSA today said if I'd ever cancelled previously there would be no offers this time around. I haven't so we'll see what happens.

Soldato
No problems with any of the CSAs I've spoken to, but they just couldn't offer me anything other than a slightly worse deal than the new customer offers on the website.

So cancelled now and waiting to see what happens. Been with Sky 12 years almost and never cancelled before; the CSA today said if I'd ever cancelled previously there would be no offers this time around. I haven't so we'll see what happens.

They sent my first offers though about 30 days after I left them, now better offers are coming in 3 months later. Too bad they didnt offer me at the time or I would have stayed with them.

Soldato
have to get my butt in gear and call about going to Sky Q, since my digibox is starting to glitch. are the calls still to Indian call centres, cos if so i'll not bother; the last couple times I had reason to call them, several years ago, it was ridiculous.
thought my diamond VIP would give me the Q w/ a free set-up or whatever, but it seems you need to sign up for Experience, which means more expense for something I don't want, as I have zero use/need for watching in multiple rooms. so it seems the reward for being w/ them over 15 years is the opportunity to pay them more money for 18 months.

Soldato
I'm cancelling on Monday (TV deal ends end of Feb) genuinely not bothered about it or live TV at all, have already cancelled BT Sport, TV licence will be going soon also. I do have a Fibre deal with them which has been very good so I'm angling to get that renegotiated at a knoackdown price, If not I

I'm cancelling on Monday (TV deal ends end of Feb) genuinely not bothered about it or live TV at all, have already cancelled BT Sport, TV licence may be going soon also. I do have a Fibre deal with them which has been very good so I'm angling to get that renegotiated at a knockdown price, If not I will let it run until it ends in November and move on, I'll have to take a short term hit as I think i'll lose reductions on fibre deal when I cancel TV package. Only thing I'll miss is the NFL which ends soon anyway, similarly I'll miss NCAAF on BTS but that onl yruns late Aug until the final on Monday night (I've timed my service to be terminated the day after).

Th EPL is rubbish, uncompetitive and VAR has ruined it, I'm not paying to watch that nonsense. In general 95% of the channels are garbage and the ads are never-ending. Enough.

Do other fibre providers offer to buy out old deals if you switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I'm about to cancel it soon. Currently have whole package (except it's box sets not ultimate on demand) for £50.50. They mailed me saying they will give me the same package for £60.00 going forward but it's all too much now considering how little content we watch on the subscription channels. I just really only want to see Scottish football and the odd program on Sky Atlantic. I'm now out of my contract period so will give them the 30 days notice and see what hits. I have other means of seeing the same content but would prefer to stick with it on Sky if possible.

Soldato
I'm about to cancel it soon. Currently have whole package (except it's box sets not ultimate on demand) for £50.50. They mailed me saying they will give me the same package for £60.00 going forward but it's all too much now considering how little content we watch on the subscription channels. I just really only want to see Scottish football and the odd program on Sky Atlantic. I'm now out of my contract period so will give them the 30 days notice and see what hits. I have other means of seeing the same content but would prefer to stick with it on Sky if possible.

If you're happy to steal, which you implied, just cancel and have done with it. If you're going to compare your pirate costs of zero, then Sky is always going to be the more expensive option.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Im considering a change to Virgin services, but my issue, is..

I have been phoning around getting cancellation fees and term of contract end dates, which is fine, but..

When I spoke to SKY regarding my contract (only SKY, no phone / broadband), they said i cannot cancel at all, I need to see out the whole remainder of the term?

Is this accurate, everywhere else I have queeried about has given me a termination charge OK enough :confused:

Cheers.

Caporegime
Hey guys,

Im considering a change to Virgin services, but my issue, is..

I have been phoning around getting cancellation fees and term of contract end dates, which is fine, but..

When I spoke to SKY regarding my contract (only SKY, no phone / broadband), they said i cannot cancel at all, I need to see out the whole remainder of the term?

Is this accurate, everywhere else I have queeried about has given me a termination charge OK enough :confused:

Cheers.
I think it is if you are on a contract that gets you reduced prices. The deals are normally 12 or 18 month contracts.

Caporegime
It's true that Sky won't allow you to cancel your Sky TV contract in term, even if you offer to pay the remainder up front if the only reason for cancelling is you don't want it anymore.

Associate
well, I have put my 31 days notice in today, Im still in contract up until 20th March so my sky will cancel on this date. The bill from April was moving from £90 to £140, they have tried to re-negotiate with me back down to 90 I refused so lets see what they can offer me in the next coming months.

Soldato
I've also just given my 31 days notice. Excluding talking to the virtual assistant, it took me 2 hours and 22 minutes to cancel... far from acceptable.

For info, I only have Sky TV and get everything (Cinema, Sports etc) for £57 a month. I was offered the same package for £65.

Soldato
Thats crazy, if you quit and leave they will offer much better. I left 3 months ago and they have sent me the offer of £30 a month for Cinema sports and entertainment.

I know, I've been doing the same with them for several years now.

Aside from the price, my main issues when speaking with them were constantly being told what a premium service Sky is when I'd been kept waiting for so long, firstly speak to someone and then to actually cancel it and also when I clearly state I do not wish to change the current package and then they insist on running through it all, seeing what can be changed.

Soldato
Cancelled, they offered me a tenner off my TV (all Sports, HD, Q, mutil room x 2 and basic TV) but without box sets, and obviously a new contract. No hassles with the guy I spoke to. I was paying £86 in total (TV came to £59) with Fibre and mobile included.

Happy with their Fibre etc until deals expires in November @ £28, and happy with the tenner a month mobile which is neither here nor there.

Back
Top Bottom