*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Less than a week after cancelling and Sky have called.

I stated the cancellation was purely down to price and that I was happy with the package itself (Just Q TV but with everything including Cinema and Sports).
I was offered the same package for £56 a month for 18 months, with a £10 admin fee, £10 credit to cover that fee and a further £20 credit for being with them for 6 years .

I said I'd be tempted if you throw in another Q Mini box. He agreed and the deal was done.

Soldato
I cancelled 2 months ago, my sky q account has been cancelled and closed, no one has contacted me or e-mailed me to say they are to collect the equipment

Do sky contact you or do they expect me to to call them up

Caporegime
I cancelled 2 months ago, my sky q account has been cancelled and closed, no one has contacted me or e-mailed me to say they are to collect the equipment

Do sky contact you or do they expect me to to call them up
I would absolutely get in touch as they charge you if you don’t return them.

Soldato
First offer, 3 days later. Entetainment and Sports + the Fibre I've got now, not even HD, no mention of Q, or my 2 multi room boxes...£69 instead of £86. And come to think of it, the mobile sim only wasn't included.

I don't think i'll be biting.

:D

Soldato
I spoke to them and they said there was a 'technical' error as to why the packaging wasn't sent out, they sent me a label to print and post this to them

They sounded clueless and assured me I won't be charged / wouldn't have been charged

I should have just kept quiet :p

Soldato
I've been with Sky for 20 odd years putting me on their Black Diamond scale. Anyway, I don't have Sky Q so decided to go for the upgrade since the pricing has come down. I'm currently paying £108 pm for Sky HD, Movies, Sports, Box Sets, Fibre (40/10) and Sky Talk.

Phoned their Retention's Dept to see what they can do if I went down the Sky Q route. I have signed upto the Sky Q Multi-screen 2TB package with Entertainment, Movies and Sports, I have taken the Fibre Superfast (80/20) the new price for 18 months is £81 pm with £25.00 upfront for the Q install.

Associate
I was on the first offer from when I signed up. Entertainment, HD, SkyGo Extra, Superfast Fibre (though Plusnet apparently can get faster speeds, Sky say 39meg is the max the line can do). £49 per month is now £65, which is a rubbish deal. Retentions offered me £48 a month, am I on too low a package for them to offer me anything better? I cancelled anyway, looking at BT...
:confused:

Soldato
Been trying to get through to a live chat session since 9.05 this morning, getting really fed up now think I may just cancel out of sheer principal

Soldato
So I've been offered the same package I'm currently on for £78 (I was paying £77.52 until my term ran out) but have to pay a £20 setup fee to carry on using the product I currently do bizarre.

Soldato
So I've been offered the same package I'm currently on for £78 (I was paying £77.52 until my term ran out) but have to pay a £20 setup fee to carry on using the product I currently do bizarre.

That's not even an offer at all!

Even their set-up fees aren't consistent, they wanted £10 from me.

:)

Associate
So its that time of year again when Sky bill goes up, going from £61 for everything plus multiroom to £100. Called today and 1st offered £88, tbf she did say I can't get you near your current deal and put me straight through to cancellations. She did better got it to £66 but then said she doesn't have any offer codes left for platinum customers today but will apply it tomorrow which will see it drop to £55pm so £6 off from last year. Also cancelled movies as I don't really watch them so bill drops to £46pm i think.

She did mention broadband but I've always stayed with BT due to the high BT Sports cost when not with them. She said Sky now offer BT Sports on their bill but can't discount it as much as BT but they can discount the Broadband to beat BT's price. Got a while left with BT but will go back when my deal runs out.

Soldato
So its that time of year again when Sky bill goes up, going from £61 for everything plus multiroom to £100.

Just a genuine curiosity, more of a survey really. Given that you paid at least £1200 for Sky TV last year, how much did that cost per hour of exclusive content that you couldn't watch elsewhere.

I ask since my friends were paying a similar amount, and realised that the only thing really being watched was Sky F1, it was when I pointed out that you could go to decent Euro GP for a long weekend and get all the F1 TV still for the year for the same cost, when it finally hit home what a waste it was.

He's now gone to using the 7 day now TV sports passes if he wants a full weekend, which cost ~£9 each or day passes if they end up costing less or he doesn't have time for the Qualifying etc. About £1,000 per year saving or more!

Associate
Just a genuine curiosity, more of a survey really. Given that you paid at least £1200 for Sky TV last year, how much did that cost per hour of exclusive content that you couldn't watch elsewhere.

I ask since my friends were paying a similar amount, and realised that the only thing really being watched was Sky F1, it was when I pointed out that you could go to decent Euro GP for a long weekend and get all the F1 TV still for the year for the same cost, when it finally hit home what a waste it was.

He's now gone to using the 7 day now TV sports passes if he wants a full weekend, which cost ~£9 each or day passes if they end up costing less or he doesn't have time for the Qualifying etc. About £1,000 per year saving or more!

well I didn’t pay £1200 as it was only £61pm after discounts so payed £732 for the year.

Is it worth it probably not but we do get a lot of use out of it. We have multiroom which is not discounted at £13pm which is £156 a year, I have my dad living here as well so im happy to pay that so he can watch what he wants.

As for what I watch I tend to watch all the football that’s on, a fair bit of the discovery/animal sort or channels and some of the comedy stuff which some of it is free to air.

Back
Top Bottom