*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

I used to have Sky Sports on VM in HD at the cost of £67pcm. Found that I never really watched it so cancelled it but I've always had that yearning to have it again now I'm in my new house...

Looked through Sky's website and just to get Sky Sports in HD, you have to pay a minimum of £60pcm!!!! Eeeek!!! Really isn't worth it. Its a total pain that in order to Sky Sports in HD you HAVE to subscribe to Entertainment Extra+, despite being able to get Sports in standard definition with just the basic Sky Entertainment package.

A total rip off!

that's why you wait for them to release 50% off codes on money saving expert or get a friends and family code from someone off a forum.

bare in mind that includes a multi-room sub, talk unlimited, line rental, movies pack, broadband unlimited and sky go extra

Sky go extra is free with multiroom now mate.

yeah i know, i think my bill is roughly the same, with the price increase and the price reduction at the same time, it works out £1 cheaper per month i think or something.

all these people moaning about prices increasing were moaning about nothing, my price decreased iirc.

Cancelled my sky over 6 months ago and they have been offering me 50% discount for 12 months but I'm not particularly bothered about signing up again but out of the blue today I get a call from their marketing dept ( only know this by the tel number ) and they have offered 6 months free with no contract in place so I can cancel at the 6 months - is this too good to be true.

Has anyone else been offered this ?

Cancelled my sky over 6 months ago and they have been offering me 50% discount for 12 months but I'm not particularly bothered about signing up again but out of the blue today I get a call from their marketing dept ( only know this by the tel number ) and they have offered 6 months free with no contract in place so I can cancel at the 6 months - is this too good to be true.

Has anyone else been offered this ?

someone else on here was offered this.

basically it's the exact same offer as 12 months 50% discount if you keep it for a year.

if you cancel after 6 months though it is obviously the best offer available.

the thinking behind the offer must be that since they gave you it for free for 6 months, you would stick with them since they were so good to you.

tbh i would take the 6 months for free, put in 30 day notice at the end of the 5th month and then move to VM on a new customer deal, unless sky offered me a 50% discount for the nest 12 months.

tbh sky with a 50% discount on everything is a really good deal worth paying for imo

Chat to them online and say you were offered 50% and you wanted to clarify that it was a real offer and they will go away and then come back and say you were correct and offer you a 50% discount.

£8.99 is just the first 3 months introductory offer

After the initial three-month cut-price trial of £8.99 per month for Sky Movies, access rises to £15 per month for film buffs, which is more pricey than Netflix and Lovefilm combined. Admittedly, if you're a movie fan, you might consider that worthwhile, given that Sky Movies offers newer films alongside older ones.

Also bear in mind it only does 720p, not that you can complain too much considering it's only a tenner i suppose.

For those people cancelling AND/OR occasional users, consider the new Sky NOW TV box

£9.99 for a wireless Roku LT Box (which you can probably side-load Plex media server on)

http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/tvs-and-home-cinema/2013-07/29/sky-now-tv-box-review

£8.99 monthly for films (3 month offer then £15)
£9.99 day pass for sports

Plus common free stuff.

ive just ordered one of these for the bedroom and have the instructions on how to install plex on it.

although i do have a sky sub so not entirely on topic with the thread.

will keep people updated on how it goes. £9.99 for a plex streamer is a bargain.

What does that people do when these cheap deals end? Just continue on full price contact?

either sign up again as a new customer with a similar offer, or move to VM or BT as a new customer on one of their new customer offers.

always go through quidco too and it usually means £200 cashback.

people who re-sign a new contract or sign up over the phone never ever get cashback no matter what, which is usually substantial.

best way to do thing is:

discount code or new customer offer - online - through quidco for cashback

any other way and your usually missing out, apart from this free for 6 months no contract deal, which is something new and rare.

we cancelled and within a month had a half price letter come through the door.

a friend didnt but said that i had been offered half price and they gave it him too.

sometimes it pays to say can i have the half price offer and you can wither get a yes or a no.

ive just ordered one of these for the bedroom and have the instructions on how to install plex on it.

although i do have a sky sub so not entirely on topic with the thread.

will keep people updated on how it goes. £9.99 for a plex streamer is a bargain.

£9.99 per month for 3 months and then £15 per month from then on or pay <£100 for a roku 3? or some other device?

i know what i would choose.

also i pay i think £2.50 per month extra for sky movies in HD over not having it in my package due to everything else im on plus the deal i got.

we cancelled and within a month had a half price letter come through the door.

a friend didnt but said that i had been offered half price and they gave it him too.

sometimes it pays to say can i have the half price offer and you can wither get a yes or a no.

So your friend didn't leave, and just phoned and got half price?

Managed to get the below today. £29.50

12 months half price broadband
£5 off line rental
6 months half price Sky TV
Free 2TB HD Sky+ Box
Free Delivery
Free installation
£75 John Lewis voucher for myself and a friend

Sky TV with entertainment + and HD pack, Weekend Calls and Unlimited Broadband

Last edited:
Managed to get the below today.

12 months half price broadband
£5 off line rental
6 months half price Sky TV
Free 2TB HD Sky+ Box
Free Delivery
Free installation
£75 John Lewis voucher for myself and a friend

Sky TV with entertainment + and HD pack, Weekend Calls and Unlimited Broadband

dayammm! thats a nice bundle you got!

Yeah new customer. Went through the sky shop to begin with but because i live in an apartment with 7 or more properties a phone call with a 3rd party is required to confirm details etc... Its these people sky outsource the installation of Sky TV.

The girl who called me thought she could help me out and added the £5 off line rental and 6 months half price on Sky TV. In general though she said its always best to phone up and order.

3rd party who helped me was MyLoveDigital but it depends where you live as it will varry to who you get in your area.

Back
Top Bottom