*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
@chrisd I guess you missed "Unlike the regular Sky Go app, which is meant for mobiles, the Apple TV version of Sky Go apparently requires a Sky Q Multiscreen (£15/month) or a Sky Glass Whole Home (£10/month) add-on."

Man of Honour
@chrisd I guess you missed "Unlike the regular Sky Go app, which is meant for mobiles, the Apple TV version of Sky Go apparently requires a Sky Q Multiscreen (£15/month) or a Sky Glass Whole Home (£10/month) add-on."
No, I didn't, I said I can get rid of the mini box in the bedroom, which I can. I still have multiscreen/UHD or whatever they call it, I'll just use my Apple TV in the bedroom to watch Sky.

Caporegime
Had an email come through today pre-discounting when my contract comes to expire in a couple of months. Not to the level of how it currently is.

I'll still be cancelling though.

Soldato
Not missed it 1 iota, much happier with Firestick and paying nothing for TV at all.

These TV providers/subs have seen nothing yet - just wait until people start getting hit with £500 DD requests for utility bills, subs will nosedive even further.

Soldato
What channels are missing on sky go over sky q/glass?

The main reasons we cancelled sky was because of the god awful minibox not working. Even using ethernet we could never get it 100% reliable. Once or twice a week we'd get an error saying it had lost connection to the main box. If I can use the ATV, I might reconsider it.

:edit: forget that, just noticed you can't get the freeview channels through it (no aerial in the bedroom). I'll wait for the sky puck thingy instead.

Associate
my deal due to finish next month but i had this e mail this morning.
We noticed you have some offers ending soon, so your price would normally go up. But the good news is, we’ve extended your offers for another 9 months and you don’t have to do a thing.

So enjoy another great year with us while you continue to save. It's our way of saying thank you for being with Sky. £73 a month for all sky channels that's including sport, movies, uhd and netflix kids, and multi room is that a good deal or can i go better.

Man of Honour
my deal due to finish next month but i had this e mail this morning.
We noticed you have some offers ending soon, so your price would normally go up. But the good news is, we’ve extended your offers for another 9 months and you don’t have to do a thing.

So enjoy another great year with us while you continue to save. It's our way of saying thank you for being with Sky. £73 a month for all sky channels that's including sport, movies, uhd and netflix kids, and multi room is that a good deal or can i go better.
That’s expensive, I pay about £50 for the same.

Soldato
In a time where you can get fibre internet and a phoneline (if you ever use it) for around £20 per month it's worth considering whether you're really getting value by spending double or treble that for a TV subscription.

Last edited:
Soldato
In a time where you can get fibre internet and a phoneline (if you ever use it) for around £20 per month it's worth considering whether you're really getting value by spending double or treble that for a TV subscription.
I honestly only have it for sports. I do not watch anything else. Mostly watch Netflix (ok this is in sky sub but £16 of the £68 they offered) and Disney+. Think I can replace it with just grabbing a sky go slot from my in laws for the Xbox since they use my Netflix and Disney+!

I think sky are going to find they're about to get a tonne of cancellations from this cost of living crisis if they're not making genuine offers!

Man of Honour
I honestly only have it for sports
Same. The only other channels we watch are available on Freeview/FreeSat. It's all Premier League and F1. I'm going with F1TV Pro via a VPN, a FreeSat box for recording and I'll keep BT Sports via EE for cheap and the other big games I'll watch via NowTV or whatever it's called with a day pass. UHD is not worth what they are charging. I'm pretty sure Netflix can be had by other means, ie, maybe a VPN or we switch my mrs' phone contract to one that gives it (even if that's a thing).

Back
Top Bottom