*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Yep you can get everything sky offers and much more for next to nothing, and you can spend that extra money investing in quality physical media at UHD 4K you can keep forever.
Just got rid of sky after 16 years. Interested to know how you get everything sky offers and more for next to nothing if you have some guidance?

Soldato
This is intended in good faith so I hope it's received that way.

I used to 'play the game' every 18 months with Sky to negotiate costs and contributed to this thread(s) as and when each occasion came around.

That being said I would encourage those in a similar situation to really consider stepping back for a while. I gave my notice to cancel last April and thought I'd sit back and wait to see what Sky retentions offered me. They did, of course, contact me with some 'offers' but as time went on I missed Sky less and less. So much so that we haven't had Sky now for 9 months and I don't miss it at all.

Soldato
I've seen enough of them including very recently to know that they are all pretty poor. They certainly don't hold a handle to a paid VM or Sky broadcast.
Mine is pretty spot on, for the record I have the full Sky package, TNT sports, Amazon prime, Netflix, disney plus and apple TV. I use my other method because of sky the PL and FA’s stupid and out of date opinions on 3pm kickoffs

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watch the piracy talk please chaps.

Back on topic, my dad’s paying around £75 for 12mb broadband and a basic Sky tv package. Surely this is completely wrong??
Absolutely. Left out of contact prices for broadband and TV can escalate to ridiculous levels.

Commissario
Absolutely. Left out of contact prices for broadband and TV can escalate to ridiculous levels.
Yup just checked his bill, broadband is £27 (plus a £5 supplement for not having Sky Talk) and tv is £48 - Sky entertainment, box sets and HD (HD is £9/month!!)

Soldato
This is intended in good faith so I hope it's received that way.

I used to 'play the game' every 18 months with Sky to negotiate costs and contributed to this thread(s) as and when each occasion came around.

That being said I would encourage those in a similar situation to really consider stepping back for a while. I gave my notice to cancel last April and thought I'd sit back and wait to see what Sky retentions offered me. They did, of course, contact me with some 'offers' but as time went on I missed Sky less and less. So much so that we haven't had Sky now for 9 months and I don't miss it at all.
Seriously considering it. Only use it for sports really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom