SkyF1 vs Channel 4 coverage of F1

Caporegime
I dont know but if you dont have sky at all and you just want f1, then now tv is probably the best bet.

Was more out of interest. (I don't even have a TV licence so would be prohibitively expensive.

Apparently it's 43gbp if you're a new customer per month!
Insane amount.
But from some of comments on here and f1 message boards does. Seem a lot will pay even if f1 is only sport they watch

Apparently in USA F1TV Pro is only 80usd per year!

So **** they we can't have it here.
I'd consider it for that

Soldato
Seem a lot will pay even if f1 is only sport they watch
I am one of those people. I'm in the lucky position of being able to afford it, but with the state of modern F1, and it generally heading the complete opposite direction I feel that it should, I'm honestly considering just binning it off and watching the highlights on YT. It won't be an easy decision, as I've watched pretty much every race in the last 30 years :(

Caporegime
Was more out of interest. (I don't even have a TV licence so would be prohibitively expensive.

Apparently it's 43gbp if you're a new customer per month!
Insane amount.
But from some of comments on here and f1 message boards does. Seem a lot will pay even if f1 is only sport they watch

Apparently in USA F1TV Pro is only 80usd per year!

So **** they we can't have it here.
I'd consider it for that
If you are considering Sky I have deals available in the home cinema stickied thread. 35% off the standard price.

Sky Signature is £30 (includes Netflix)
Sky Sports pack £30

£60, 35% off that is £39.

Caporegime
I am one of those people. I'm in the lucky position of being able to afford it, but with the state of modern F1, and it generally heading the complete opposite direction I feel that it should, I'm honestly considering just binning it off and watching the highlights on YT. It won't be an easy decision, as I've watched pretty much every race in the last 30 years :(

If it helps I prefer the highlights.
Genuinely I prefer them.

It feels much more exciting. With all the boring bits cut out, even dull races seem better. There's so little action you don't really miss anything.

you can watch them any time. I'm an outdoor type of person so the 13:00 races are really in the way.

Caporegime
If you are considering Sky I have deals available in the home cinema stickied thread. 35% off the standard price.

Sky Signature is £30 (includes Netflix)
Sky Sports pack £30

£60, 35% off that is £39.

It's too much for me. I don't have a TV licence. So that would add cost. Which I doubt you need for the f1 stand alone service?

Soldato
I received an offer from Now TV for Sky Sports Month Membership at £20 per month.

That doesn't seem too bad, but I need to see what devices I can actually watch on, and see what it actually includes. I can't find if that's just the races live, or includes qualifying and on-demand stuff.

Caporegime
I received an offer from Now TV for Sky Sports Month Membership at £20 per month.

That doesn't seem too bad, but I need to see what devices I can actually watch on, and see what it actually includes. I can't find if that's just the races live, or includes qualifying and on-demand stuff.
If it’s on sky sports you can watch it, but of course Now TV is only live streaming. There’s not usually full races or full qualifying sessions available on demand.

Soldato

Anything thats on sky sports F1, you can watch on nowtv, which is pretty much all of sky's F1 content. So yes live testing, practice, quali and races. They will also schedule reruns on the f1 channel as well so in case you miss the event you can watch/record the full event again later.

I dont know about on demand stuff though.

Associate
C4, already missing Ben Edwards, hopefully the new chap calms down (first effort). Also Billy Monger in the place of Coulthard who seems to be the taking the role of Lee McKenzie? Whether this is just for qualifying and Coulthard will co-commentate for the race (I hope so).

Lee McKenzie, I think she is brilliant although hardly features on C4 anymore.

Soldato
C4, already missing Ben Edwards, hopefully the new chap calms down (first effort). Also Billy Monger in the place of Coulthard who seems to be the taking the role of Lee McKenzie? Whether this is just for qualifying and Coulthard will co-commentate for the race (I hope so).

Alex Jacques commentated on the Pit Lane feed for F1TV last year, so he's not new to it and I doubt he's going to change too much. He's popular on the F2 and F3 feeds (both of which Sky carry). Here's him on F1TV covering the dramatic finish to the British GP last year with Alex Brundle.

If Coulthard is commentating it will be difficult as he's in Bahrain but most of the team (including Jacques and Monger) are in the UK. I expect it will be Jacques and Monger today with Coulthard pitching in every now and then.

Monger was pretty good alongside Jacques doing the F2 commentary yesterday. Billy is no Davide Valsecchi though (who brilliant, and about as close to Murray Walker as you'll get).

Agreed. She should have got the main job instead of Suzi Perry when Jake Humphrey left the BBC.

Ben Edwards seemingly retiring is such a shame too. He's a fantastic commentator and I just hope he's taking a break.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I agree on both

Back
Top Bottom