Skyrim no-show

Man of Honour
Packages through RM here are a case of when the postie has enough deliveries to justify wheeling out the big red van which if your lucky is once a week

We've noticed somewhere similar, we live on an estate in the extremities of a small town and there's probably 2 days a week when we don't get any post. Now obviously sometimes that will be simply because there is none to deliver but I suspect they don't come round every day.

Associate
I stopped reading at royal mail :D

Not sure what the problem is with royal mail, I cancelled my order at Amazon and bought from OCUK with royal mail first class and it arrived the day after dispatch (Friday).

In fact I would much rather any delivery is done by royal mail as the deliver on Saturdays along with every other day of the week, and I can collect from my local post office if I miss the delivery, which is not an option with couriers as they usually end up being at least 50 miles away.

edit: I just read some more recent posts and I guess it really depends where you live. I live just south of Cambridge and not a day goes by that Pat doesn't put something through my door.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vy9eD

Associate
I pre ordered a copy from the rain forest and paid extra for it to be delivered yesterday but it never came

If the posty doesnt bring it today then i will have a fair few explicit dragon shouts i'll be giving them down the phone

Associate
Yep. Good old Gravesend....

Seems to be a few of us around this area :D (Higham here :p).

Wasn`t really my type of game,but after watching some vids,hearing about it on here and my son brow beating me that i should get it or he`ll tell everyone he`s adopted i folded and purchased off steam after hearing about the problems others are having.

Now,best get my chores done that the better half has given me so i can get back to skyrim.

Caporegime
I pre ordered a copy from the rain forest and paid extra for it to be delivered yesterday but it never came

If the posty doesnt bring it today then i will have a fair few explicit dragon shouts i'll be giving them down the phone

Why? It's not Amazon's fault. They will of dispatched it with plenty of time, it's your local Royal Mails fault.

Fire them off an email, saying how disappointed you are that the game didn't arrive on the date it should have.

I complained about City Link being terrible at delivering my Collectors edition of World of Warcraft Cataclysm and got £25 in vouchers.

Soldato
You should consider getting Amazon Prime. I've had it running for a few years now and the result is next day delivery for all orders, sent by delivery van rather than postie.

Caporegime
Woohoo. My Asda order just arrived! Very impressed with them actually. Cost only 22 pounds, they admitted that they made an error by not getting it to me yesterday (i never contacted them about it) so they sent it via courier for Saturday delivery and gave a 10 pound gift voucher. To top it all, it does have the posh map as well!

Big thumbs up to Asda direct!

Soldato
I have just received an email from Asda saying i won't receive the game until tomorrow (they have sent it via courier,Saturday delivery ).

They have also given me £10 off my next cd/dvd or game with them so that's pretty good!

not too shabby for £22 i suppose.

A day late but effectively a free blu-ray :D

Same for me. Not arrived yet though.

Soldato
finally got mine from simplyslowgames. Opens it up and it has the burlap map inside, was not expecting that as the description made no mention of it, i thought that was for other editions. oh well wont moan about that part. Hope the rest of you guys get yours soon.

Associate
I'm trying to work out whether I'll get my Simply delivery today. Did you pay extra for 1st Class Postage? I thought RM only did Saturday delivery when 1st class.

It was free delivery with Simply Games, I paid just their £24.85 price at the time less cashback of about 80p.

Back
Top Bottom