Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Soldato
I've got the special edition in my steam list. I think I'm going to use this as an excuse to replay the game and maybe actually do some of the main quest this time (my 4th time lol)

Its always nice when theres a little bit of hype back in an old game and you dont feel like the only person on earth playing it :)

Associate
4k/Ultra full screen = 41fps

4k/Ultra Window/borderless = 56fps.

Game is bat**** crazy :) didn't fallout 4 suffer from the same problem but they fixed it ?

Soldato
I've got the special edition in my steam list. I think I'm going to use this as an excuse to replay the game and maybe actually do some of the main quest this time (my 4th time lol)

Its always nice when theres a little bit of hype back in an old game and you dont feel like the only person on earth playing it :)

I never finished it first time round. I got sucked into spamming enchanting daggers and running around like Usain with a bolt to the knee flogging them. Also back then it had the usual stuttery performance.

Really enjoying the superior performance now plus some good mods, and no more blacksmithery spamming, just taking my time doing the side quests, with the odd bit of the main.

Soldato
I never finished it first time round. I got sucked into spamming enchanting daggers and running around like Usain with a bolt to the knee flogging them. Also back then it had the usual stuttery performance.

Really enjoying the superior performance now plus some good mods, and no more blacksmithery spamming, just taking my time doing the side quests, with the odd bit of the main.

Yeah I also min maxed it on my first play through (on PS3)

Completely ruined the game :( Never again

Associate
Some Hi-res screenies in the spoilers

Skyrim SSE + Clearview Reshade + 4K Texture pack @ res 2560x1080

FPS sticks to constant 60 apart from two areas it drops to 55 for a few seconds

SkyrimSE-2016-10-31-23-57-57.png

SkyrimSE-2016-10-31-23-59-36.png

SkyrimSE-2016-11-01-00-03-56.png

SkyrimSE-2016-11-01-00-10-58.png

Soldato
Spent a few hours playing it last night but didn't really get far, spent too long looking around the world and sticking some mods on (unofficial patch / better mesh etc)

Only issue I've had so far after getting 3440x1440 to work and the mod to get the ui to work at that res is occasionally my FPS will drop for a second then go back up to normal.

I'd forgot how good the soundtrack is whilst playing aswell.

Nothing else out for rest of year for me so I'm just going to take my time this playthrough.

Going for a brecon sword and board build.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom