Snow Sports 2016/17

Caporegime
Yep, I've known people to nikwax tshirt and people regularly do hiking trousers.

It's just designed to bead the water up and not allow it to soak in to the fabric so can be used on almost anything.

Man of Honour
any recommendations on cheap insurance?

edit - never mind its dirt cheap anyway. thought it would be expensive after getting quotes for other sports.

Last edited:
Soldato
Purchased Grangers Xtreme Repel - 275 ml last time (full fat ozone harming), you need a canister for one jacket to completely cover it -lightly/warm ironing it after drying helps the efficacy.
Goretex usually has a bonded protective layer on top no - so would not be direct ?

..Nikwax on a (cotton?) T shirt - sounds like a hypothermia recipe ? and on a polypro - well they already wick ?

Don
Breathability of waterproof fabrics will envarioubly rely on water repellant chemicals to prevent the pores getting clogged by water, so if you wash them to maintain the level of breathability and waterproofing you need to replenish the chemical repellant.

Caporegime
Purchased Grangers Xtreme Repel - 275 ml last time (full fat ozone harming), you need a canister for one jacket to completely cover it -lightly/warm ironing it after drying helps the efficacy.
Goretex usually has a bonded protective layer on top no - so would not be direct ?

..Nikwax on a (cotton?) T shirt - sounds like a hypothermia recipe ? and on a polypro - well they already wick ?

I didn't say it was a good idea... :p

Soldato
Looks very, very nice.

Did you book this as a package with someone or have you put it altogether yourself?

Hi

Yes I booked it with Inghams. Neilson/Crystalski both do this hotel also (Neilson didn't have any Manchester flights left). Its an all inclusive and a 1st for us back in 2014 (wasn't sure how the All inc would be), We needn't have worried because it is a great hotel, good food, great spa facilities and the drinks where all of a good standard including branded spirits/beers and quality local wines with the dinner. The hotel is centrally located in Saalbach so it's an easy stroll to most of the lifts :)

Don
Mid mountain depth today at Mammoth Mountain in California is over 5m. Tahoe resorts are all pretty much closed and residents have been told to stay indoors as the place gets buried. Heavenly had 4 feet of snow yesterday.

Associate
Just about sorted for Val Thorens in Feb. Only thing I need now is a bag :)

d88affe6-782c-4010-8fb0-b5f6c310b080.jpg

(Bindings came today :D)

I'd recommend Snow&Rock but buy there own brand! As I tried out a few of the other brands and none of them came close to padding and price! I paid £60 for a wheeled board bag and it's awesome!

Associate
Just ordered the Nikwax Wash-In and the Spray, So hopefully it will work! Trying to wash and re-waterproof a jacket for a friend who is using it, When he comes boarding with us in March, Trying to save him some money.

Back
Top Bottom